ADVERTISEMENT

2 QB system

If you know that we run with JP in the game......and I know that we run with JP in the game......you think maybe the other team has figured that out?

So predictable. Is the playbook really that thin, or is the talent that thiin?

Reactions: Fishing123
Pellerin has all the tools to be a great QB except decision making under fire. He hands off when he needs to keep the ball and keeps it when he should hand off. He was sacked and fumbled on a passing play. Freeze has to give him some snaps or some Louisiana directional school will pull him away. He's a redshirt freshman. He's got time to get better.

I agree Ranch. The D always knows it's a run when JP comes in. He needs some passing confidence but I doubt it will happen this year as CHF will be seasoning Shea. Glad the players took the game away from coaches last night.

Pellerin has all the tools to be a great QB except decision making under fire. He hands off when he needs to keep the ball and keeps it when he should hand off. He was sacked and fumbled on a passing play. Freeze has to give him some snaps or some Louisiana directional school will pull him away. He's a redshirt freshman. He's got time to get better.

Makes sense, just difficult to watch drives stall in the red zone. Let JP get his snaps as mop up duty or against weak ooc games. Don't want to lose games to keep a back up qb happy. Freeze said himself, play the people who give the team the best chance to win, period.

This isn't knew in the Freeze era, so when we kept doing those same short yardage plays in the red zone with Liggins at QB last year was that to keep him happy as well? I don't buy that for a minute. Hugh has constantly sucked at play calling in the red zone and hes lucky the kid bailed him up with some unbelievable play or hed be clearly on the hook for this loss.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT