HOME
Manvel, TX
YEAR
CLASS2016(HIGH SCHOOL)
SCOUT RANK287
POSITION RANK18
MIDLAND RB RANK04
TX RB RANK04

http://www.scout.com/college/ole-miss/news?type=stories&sortBy=Date&site=OMSpirit.com

1543657.jpg

D'VAUGHN PENNAMON
Manvel HS

COMMITTED
07/21/2015
VERBAL

POSITION
RB
HEIGHT/WEIGHT
5'11"/191
NO.
VERIFIED 40 TIME
HOME
Manvel, TX
YEAR
CLASS2016(HIGH SCHOOL)
SCOUT RANK287
POSITION RANK18
MIDLAND RB RANK04
TX RB RANK04

http://www.scout.com/college/ole-miss/news?type=stories&sortBy=Date&site=OMSpirit.com

Not only does Pennamon bring a punch to the Rebels' run game, he is also bringing a possible punch for fireworks on National Signing Day. He is teammates with four-star defensive back Deontay Anderson and friends with four-star defensive back Jaylon Jones and five-star offensive lineman Greg Little. The Texas flavor that Ole Miss is enjoying also comes thanks to native son and wide receiver coach Grant Heard who was Pennamon's primary recruiter.

One of the most impressive things about Pennamon might be off the field as his offer list is ridiculous. Don't worry, I won't list them all, but the big names that wanted the young man's services include Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Missouri, Tennessee, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M and UCLA.

Reactions: rcox38654
the main problem with our running game seems to me to be a lack of run blocking. part of this has to be placed squarely on the shoulders of the offensive line coach.

Reactions: Fishing123
the main problem with our running game seems to me to be a lack of run blocking. part of this has to be placed squarely on the shoulders of the offensive line coach.

Personally, I think we've recruited the wrong type of O linemen. We've been getting big ole fat boys who take two years to get into football shape. Some never do. It seems our target now seems to be kids who are underweight now and have room to develop muscle mass, not turn fat into muscle which takes longer. The Grill at 1810 has been a huge help in getting our players into football shape.

Our run game is part ol and part rb. Can't EVERY defensive line overwhelm us. I like many am looking fwd to what we can do with Howard. Too many Walmartians on the ol in recent years.

I'm skeptical about the undersized OL recruiting model. They're still not ready to play for a couple of years same as the overweight players. Some undersized players are never able to gain the weight they need or sustain their weight through the season. Isaac Gross, although he's a great DL player for us, has never put on a pound in 4 seasons (listed at 240), as many of us believed he would.

The league we're in requires these natural 320 pounders on the O line. Strength and conditioning, proper nutrition and player dedication is more the issue as I see it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT