ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball thoughts for serious discussions only....

4thqtrReb

NFL's No. 1 Draft Choice
Sep 9, 2003
Atlanta GA
This job seems to be wearing on AK. The comment came from his own mouth recently in a press conference. I wasn't sure if he was speaking to the fans about low energy or not, but his team is a freaking disaster if the wild perimeter shots are not falling. I don't blame him... watching his teams implode the way they have the last three weeks is hard for all of us to watch.

It's been that way for at least three years. Without some of Hendersons heroics, AK had nothing to fall back on.

Players in the front court take a long time in his system to develop. Remember Buckner? He just wouldn't show up every night. Holloway was pretty good for the most part, but I can't think of much else going well for AK in his development of players in the paint. Holloway was highly recruited and far from a project anyway. Cox sucked at Ole Miss for the most part, but has been very useful for GA Tech. I know because they play 2 miles from my house.

AAU seems to be killing college basketball. It is hard to watch most of the time. It's hard to tell whether or not the officiating is also a major drain the sport, but either way, I don't see AK doing much better at Ole Miss. Even if he got great front court guys, I'm not convinced he can coach a team that will show composure and discipline when the wild perimeter shots don't fall.

In my opinion, all you have to do right now to beat us is play tough perimeter defense. Cut off passing lanes and watch our guys dribble around and take poor shots. It's aweful to watch. It would not have mattered if we won last night because UGA has beaten us 4 times in a row by doing the same thing South Carolina did... Just play tough perimeter defense and watch us implode unless wild shots are falling. What we depend on is driving the lane and looking for the other team to foul us. Well that worked last year when Jarvis made a lot of off balance, wild shots in the lane. Now, all you have to do is leave him alone and he'll probably throw an air ball.

Neal, Jeffrey or anyone else can say what they want, but AK is getting what he wants. Ole Miss is putting $100,000,000 into a new arena and the parking garage. That kind of jack is going to stick out like a sore thumb if something doesn't change.

4thqtr

This post was edited on 3/13 8:06 AM by 4thqtrReb

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News