All-America Selection
Sep 13, 2008
"What I'm seeing are toxified people who have been chemically
poisoned," she said, "They have sore throats, respiratory problems,
...neurological problems, lesions, sores, and ulcers. These people have
been poisoned and they are dying. Drugs aren’t going to help these
people. They need to be detoxed."

Get Outraged

You get your news from Aljazeera? I`m sure they are simply reporting the truth and have the best interests of the US at heart! This bunch has lost all credibility and any story that they report is suspect, although there are problems on the Gulf Coast, we don`t need Aljazeera to tell us about them.

Doc, I couldn't help but smile at your response.
Although I have no affinity for that particular news source, to dismiss it simply because "it's a damn muslim site!" does you no good. Come now my educated friend, for being a doctor why are you so very closed-minded on numerous things? What is your beef with a-j ?

I'm sure you are well aware that nearly all the Arab countries hate al-jazeera for refusing to censor stuff that isn't kosher with their dictorial news outlets? No? (Can't say that I am surprised mate! :D )

lol, Doc, I am really glad that you post in this non-sports section. You never cease to provide me with great amusement on numerous topics. (I hope that I, likewise, provide you with some too!)

Carry on my friend!

Oakland...Glad you enjoy reading honest opinions that are offered without any agenda. I will correct your response however, I never called AJ "a damn muslim site". I do find it amusing that AJ is concerned about the Gulf oil problem and its effect on our ecology. That would be similar to reading an article from a KKK newspaper( supposing there actually is one) that discussed a Black Studies program at Harvard!

No, you didn't call it that, but I've lived in this state long enough to know the general mindset about Muslims here.
smilie1.gif

I still fail to understand you don't inform yourself more on different matters and instead choose to rely on a pre-conceived notion of something without bothering to see if your stance is actually factual or not.

From what I gather from this post, you seem to think that A-J is a propaganda outlet of al-quada or the taliban. That is not true. It was originally launched as a strictly Arab news outlet. As time progressed, it chose to become the CNN/Fox News of the Arab world but unilaterally condemns the fundamentalist muslims and their actions.
(I've included a link for ya.)

Your link of thinking on A-J

Interesting that you can take what I say and with your vast experience with the minds of Mississippians, tell me what I "really" said! Very interesting indeed. Have you ever thought of a career in soothsaying? Palm reading? A democratic economic analyst? Whatever al jazeera originally started out as, I only know what it is today. If you will but read your linked post you might pick up on some actual facts rather than assigning what A-J "really" means in articles that praise Osama and Hamas.

Mate, although you have put up a valiant effort, you long ago gave away your position on muslims, islam, Arab culture, etc. You make the tragic mistake of lumping all muslims as terrorists simply because of the heinous and damnable acts of 9/11/2001 and possibly 7/7/2005 in the UK. If I were to assert that all Christians are terrorists simply because some of them bomb abortion clinics, would that be right? Certainly not!!! However, this is what you do and it is truly tragic and wrong. To each his own however.

I already have a career mate, but thanks for the smart-arsery regardless.
smilie1.gif

I have the facts mate. I've just gotten done reading A-J's online paper for today. Nothing but muslim news and and an article on Israel and it's committment to continue defying international law.

Really mate, it would be behoovant for you to actually research things before you get egg on your face.
smokin.gif

Ah yes, the valient effort! I`m sorry but you will have to show me where I have ever "lumped" all muslims as terrorists(a predictable liberal defensive ploy by the way). I never even brought up 9/11 or muslim terrorists in my post about A-J, but you did. There is an old Southern expression about.....a bit dog barks first, but I`m sure with your newfound expertise in Mississippi mind reading, you know about it. I certainly don`t think A-J is a terrorist news organization, but they are sympathetic to the muslim cause, whatever it happens to be. And yes, all the terrorists on 9/11 were muslim but that in no way says that all muslims are terrorists...just as all robins are birds but all birds are not....well you get it(I hope). So you see, I do not paint with a broad brush as you do, and that my British friend, is what is tragic and wrong with you and your ilk. I think you actually know the truth but either "play the devil`s advocate", or simply spew out a liberal/progressive line to be cool. Grow up, pay taxes, make a payroll, try to make a positive difference.

I will admit I could well be totally wrong about your perspective on muslims, islam, a-j, etc. I have drawn my conclusions about your perspective based soley on the always fun and interesting religious debates we have.
So yes, I did stretch the proverbial brush on ya, but from what I have seen from your stances, it all would indicate what I posted above.

In regards to the lumping all muslims as terrorists bit, it is totally predictable. In all my time of living here, I have met a number of people that I can count on two hands who know anything about the Islamic religion, why they believe what they believe, etc, etc. The rest are overly-suspicious about muslims and think them terrorists. (hence why I used the "damn muslim site" comment earlier). Take football games for example. At the Fresno State game, I was waiting for them to check my ticket to get in and a Muslim woman/girl was about 4 people ahead of me. At the gate, the thug security that the General Secretary employs insisted on patting her down. Why was that? (Security reasons? lol) Keep in mind that this fat bird immediately behind her had a bottle of Southern Comfort or Jack Daniels in her back pocket yet she wasn't patted down or anything except she had her purse checked.

I will also admit that I am indeed playing devil's advocate here, but only to breath some life back into this part of the site.

As for your Liberal comment, that's what I am mate. What do you expect me to "spew out"? Tea Party propaganda? lol

P.S. In regards to the "Mississippi mind-reading bit", I've had that for some time. As a whole it is usually about 75% accurate. For example, it was 100% accurate in predicting the MS Congressional District races yestreday.
3dgrin.gif

This post was edited on 11/3 2:42 PM by OaklandReb
This post was edited on 11/3 2:43 PM by OaklandReb

I think you will find that I am pretty open minded about people who choose to worship, even though I may consider them misguided in certain areas. I`m certainly not going to mock anyone`s belief system or punish them for having one, but if anyone is trying to enter a public place(ballgame, airplane, auditorium, ect) wearing a burka, I probably would want them checked in some way. They could be muslim, southern baptist, catholic, or worship the fire hydrant at the end of the street, but you and I both know there are some crazy people out there. It just happens that at the present time, the vast majority of the suicide bombings are people coming from the muslim belief system. Hey, search the big woman with the southern comfort also!
Mississippi politics are interesting aren`t they? Both north and south Miss made some changes and mostly because of a D or R behind the name. We will have to wait and see if the change is for the better. Both defeated men are good men but just got caught in a season of change.

Originally posted by OaklandReb:
No, you didn't call it that, but I've lived in this state long enough to know the general mindset about Muslims here.
smilie1.gif

I still fail to understand you don't inform yourself more on different matters and instead choose to rely on a pre-conceived notion of something without bothering to see if your stance is actually factual or not.

From what I gather from this post, you seem to think that A-J is a propaganda outlet of al-quada or the taliban. That is not true. It was originally launched as a strictly Arab news outlet. As time progressed, it chose to become the CNN/Fox News of the Arab world but unilaterally condemns the fundamentalist muslims and their actions.
(I've included a link for ya.)

These freakin' Muslims get all the respect they need and have earned. Muslims are Arab Nazi like murderers. I thank God everyday for having me grow up in Oxford Mississippi, and the dichotomy of being exposed to a liberal island in an otherwise conservative bastion. It allowed my exposure to liberal thought processes and prepared me for the battles that would take place throughout my life. The only good muslim dog is a dead one

"The only good muslim dog is a dead one "
If one feels that way, they are no different than the miscreants that attacked us on 9-11. Our foreign policy centers on the idea that most people in the Middle East share our values on democracy and freedom.
I do feel that Islam has differing values on many things, including freedom & democracy, but I hate war. I don't like killing anyone who is innocent, nor do I feel that we have an obligation to spread freedom & democrocy on the tip of a sword.
This post was edited on 2/21 7:56 PM by THOTH

Oakland, I`ve been gone for a while due to a death, but now I`m back. That broad brush you use? How many times have you been down to southern La to check up on the oil spill and effects on the population down there? I`ve been 6 times and only once have I actually seen any significant oil on the water. Plenty of booms and paid govenment emplyees standing around with fingers in noses. The spill was and is still being "overplayd".

As for "lumping of all muslims into one group, no, I don`t do that at all. I actually don`t hate anyone. I often hate what some people do and I denounce it when I see it. Maybe the muslim community might be well served to do the same if they are interested in not being "lumped". Many of them are afraid to speak out about this jihad.....wonder why?

You are quick to jump to the antisemetic side to denounce the actions of the Israeli people, but I just haven`t seen many Jewish suicide bombers in the past few years, have you? Again, I often wonder why.

Come on man, get in the game. Get a fulltime job, make payroll, pay taxes, and make a difference in life. Just sitting back to pontificate on the actions and belief systems of others gets very boring after a while and is very unproductive. Come on out here and make your mark!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT