ADVERTISEMENT

Grove board is totally off

zreb

All-Pro NFL
Feb 27, 2002
The topic of football. Whatever happened to moderators who use to move those conversations to the off topic board. Not much football over there anymore it seems.

Last edited:
The topic of football. Whatever happened to moderators who use to move those conversations to the off topic board. Not much football over there anymore it seems.

My admin functions quit working when the new format started. I am no longer a moderator.

Reactions: rcox38654
Yeah I figured as much when you haven't spoken up. The format is another exams of change that isn't for the better. Conversations are not in order, just not as user friendly IMHO but since I'm not a payer who cares. So is Octavio's Cooley going to play hoops or is that another foul up?

The same thing happened to Dawg Chat, but that is not a premium board. There was a rush to the other sites in response as it became frustrating.

These posts kill me. If you do not like the content you are reading, why not be clever and (gasp) start a thread you like. I do have to say I love the thought process involved in telling everyone else what you want here but are unable to find anything yourself.

Reactions: msdeltareb
I don't like the format on the grove . I wonder what it is going to be like when the games start

The message boards on rebelgrove are terrible .Is it ever going to be any better?

Rebel fans it is time to wake up football season is here . It is time to start posting

We got snubbed in the college football top 25 preseason poll. We should have ranked at 13th. We are better than Arizona state Clemson Georgia tech Notre dame ucla USC

We got snubbed in the college football top 25 preseason poll. We should have ranked at 13th. We are better than Arizona state Clemson Georgia tech Notre dame ucla USC

I don't know...The last time someone saw us play, we were run out of Atlanta and no one knows who our QB will be, much less, how they will play. Game day will correct the polls.

Our defense is going to be the best in the country and chad Kelly is going to be a good qb. Our fans need to
Get behind this team instead of being so negetive

Our defense is going to be the best in the country and chad Kelly is going to be a good qb. Our fans need to
Get behind this team instead of being so negetive

Am I being negative or trying to be objective? Did I post anything that is untrue? Happy happy thoughts won't help us on the field. The defense should be nasty as last season, or more so. I'm somewhat optimistic, based on what I've read, that the O line and running game may be improved...But I will have reservations on the QB position until I see some SEC games.

I think we will be 10 and 2 . I believe that we will split between Alabama and auburn and lose one other game

I think we will be 10 and 2 . I believe that we will split between Alabama and auburn and lose one other game
That would not surprise me (10-2). It will be hard to win at M$Ux since getting your calls off with 30,000 ILLEGAL bovine bells ringing in your ears is near impossible. The SEC really needs to crack down on that. Yeah, I know they are only supposed to ring it at certain times, but how well does that pan out? The argument that it is a M$Ux tradition doesn't wash. I think I will start an Ole Miss tradition in next year's Egg Bowl of blowing an air horn when their qb has his hands in the center's butt. :eek:

Pre-season rankings don't mean doo-doo! We as Rebel fans need to show up in the stands, become rowdy, and watch our progression up the polls!

ALL MEMBERS LISTEN UP --

getalongshirt_zpsvstq7rvq.jpg

Do you guys think that we will have a full house for Ut. Martin?
Yes, the first game will be an assessment of our new players who have no experience (ie quarterbacks, running backs). To me, that's exciting-getting out the new guys. First game is almost always well-attended. I'll be there for sure!

It shouldn't matter if UT Martin was in the middle of the season. It is an excuse to cheer the rebs and drink Jack and Coke. If Groundhog Day was an excuse to spend the day in the grove I would do it.

I will be there with bells on cheering the rebels on to victory. Hotty toddy!!

I don't know...The last time someone saw us play, we were run out of Atlanta and no one knows who our QB will be, much less, how they will play. Game day will correct the polls.
Seems we ran a great team out of Oxford, too. You are referring to the TCU game where we got our rear handed to us. TCU in my opinion was so underrated;they were ready for us. My concern is how they sliced through our defense, and Wallace didn't have a chance. Made it look easy. I can understand losing, but not getting our tail kicked. However, we as fans CANNOT give up on our guys-they are better now with depth and talent. Fans make a difference-silence and apathy on the part of fans only hurts them. Let's not fall for that (not saying you would).

We got an ass whipping at Arkansas and TCU. Whether we had better stats or not over Arkansas is no excuse.

Seems we ran a great team out of Oxford, too. You are referring to the TCU game where we got our rear handed to us. TCU in my opinion was so underrated;they were ready for us. My concern is how they sliced through our defense, and Wallace didn't have a chance. Made it look easy. I can understand losing, but not getting our tail kicked. However, we as fans CANNOT give up on our guys-they are better now with depth and talent. Fans make a difference-silence and apathy on the part of fans only hurts them. Let's not fall for that (not saying you would).

We were not full strength against arky and tcu .we had three players out of the game and Bo was not able to play .we will get our shot at arky this year and I would like to play tcu again with all of our players in the game

Our defense was at full strength and they were swamped! That was no way to end a good season. I'm still experiencing the aftershock.

Our defense was at full strength and they were swamped! That was no way to end a good season. I'm still experiencing the aftershock.

Because the players are on the field doesn't mean the defense is at "full strength". If I remember correctly, Senquez and Cody had some injury issues at years end. They played hurt as much of the O line did.

Also, all the defense in the world won't help if the offense goes three and out or turns the ball over seemingly every possession. The defense will wear down. Having said that, the coaches can take a large share of the blame for the TCU and Arkansas losses.

Because the players are on the field doesn't mean the defense is at "full strength". If I remember correctly, Senquez and Cody had some injury issues at years end. They played hurt as much of the O line did.

Also, all the defense in the world won't help if the offense goes three and out or turns the ball over seemingly every possession. The defense will wear down. Having said that, the coaches can take a large share of the blame for the TCU and Arkansas losses.
If it means anything, this season should be interesting with almost every SEC team except us falling victim to injuries, legal violations. academics, etc.

Speaking about Cody, the Tennessee Titans let him go. WTH? You don't just get rid of an All-American. Anyone have anything on this?

He had an injury and injured undrafted free agents don't usually stick around.
Amazing. He was terrific as a DB. Unless he broke his leg or had an ACL tear, hardly believe he wouldn't make it somewhere. Another player comes to mind who should have made it-Cory Peterson.

Amazing. He was terrific as a DB. Unless he broke his leg or had an ACL tear, hardly believe he wouldn't make it somewhere. Another player comes to mind who should have made it-Cory Peterson.

They reached an injury settlement, which basically pays him for the time he would miss with the titans from his injury and he must rehad and remain out of football during that time. When that time is up he is free to work out and sign with another team.

They reached an injury settlement, which basically pays him for the time he would miss with the titans from his injury and he must rehad and remain out of football during that time. When that time is up he is free to work out and sign with another team.
Thank you for a good answer. He'll make it somewhere.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT