ADVERTISEMENT

it's official jones is history

Mar 26, 2015
Dan Jones declines contract offer, Ole Miss moves to find new Chancellor

JACKSON (Mississippi News Now/Fox News) - The IHL has just issued a statement saying Dan Jones declined the offer of a contract extension, and they will move on without him.

Here's what the statement says:

Over the past several days, the Board of Trustees of State Institutions of Higher Learning and Dr. Dan Jones made a good faith effort regarding Dr. Jones' continued service as Chancellor of the University of Mississippi. A proposal to extend the contract of Dr. Jones was discussed. Dr. Jones declined that proposal, so the Board of Trustees will move forward with the search for a new Chancellor.

Originally posted by ranchreb:
He was offered a good deal and turned it down.
Yes, he was offered a better deal than he deserved, but he thought he could play dirty politics and get a 4 year contract.

His stupidity and pride cost him over a million in salary and benefits.

It's just like OJ Simpson, where he needs to be regardless of the reason.

While I think it is best for Mr. Jones to leave, I find no joy in this. This whole episode has fractured our University and brought about a lot of negative publicity. With the issue now resolved, I urge all to look forward and come together in accepting our new leadership.

As long as jones is still in Oxford he will continue to cause problems and bad press for our University.

If he had any sense of honor, he would leave immediately.

I pray that he is gone before the UT Martin game.

This post was edited on 4/2 3:56 PM by lp4Rebs

jones is not a uniter, he is a divider. He is not a leader, he is a rabble rouser.

Thank God he will be banished from OM in 5 months.

Originally posted by lp4Rebs:
As long as jones is still in Oxford he will continue to cause problems and bad press for our University.

I pray that he is gone before the UT Martin.
No need for you to worry...The IHL will have your new "good ol' boy" puppet chancellor in Oxford in no time and all will be right with the world.

You are welcome to call me what you will . You're meaningless I'm sure to all who know you. Your spokesperson just evacuated the Chancellors office thank God!

Originally posted by zreb:
You are welcome to call me what you will . You're meaningless I'm sure to all who know you. Your spokesperson just evacuated the Chancellors office thank God!
You should send an email to your new chancellor requesting that the expelled, bigoted students be readmitted to OM- ASAP. That would make you happy.

I pray that he is gone before the UT Martin game.

This post was edited on 4/2 3:56 PM by lp4Rebs
You talking about "honor" is a complete joke. This comes from someone who has slandered Dan Jones on no fewer than THREE different Ole Miss boards. You have no clue about "honor".

Pay no attention to Unbeknowing and RebelAdversary. I have them blocked so as not to catch their social disease.

Originally posted by TheUnknownRebel:

It's just like OJ Simpson, where he needs to be regardless of the reason.
I hope you're 85 years old and senile, because this is statement is beyond ridiculous.

You're seeing Z on a good day as one can actually read his posts. Typically foolish in content, his posts usually look like they were typed in Russian.

Pay no attention to Unbeknowing and RebelAdversary. I have them blocked so as not to catch their social disease.
They obviously don't care about what is best for OM. All they care about is their radical left-wing politics. Ignore them.

They obviously don't care about what is best for OM. All they care about is their radical left-wing politics. Ignore them.
Typical mindless response: anyone who disagrees with you is a "radical left-winger". Jackass.

Ignore the ignorant! While I know they aren't, they are not what we believe is best for our University. End of conversation ;-)

Originally posted by ranchreb:
Ole Miss can do better than Jones. Let's hope we do.
jones was the worst Chancellor in OM history, so we can't do worse. Hopefully they will pick someone with executive experience like a former governor or business executive. The one thing we don't need is another incompetent political rabble rouser like jones.

I do not think it was such a great deal that he was offered, but what is done is done. I would like Haley Barbour. Doubt it will happen though.

What does "good ole boy" mean? What is that code for? Is that a PC term? Answer me that. As far as Haley Barbour, well you are talking about a former governor, the former head of the RNC, and a hero of the Karina cleanup. Does that make him a "good ole boy" or what ever you are insinuating?

Originally posted by chattreb:

What does "good ole boy" mean? What is that code for? Is that a PC term? Answer me that. As far as Haley Barbour, well you are talking about a former governor, the former head of the RNC, and a hero of the Karina cleanup. Does that make him a "good ole boy" or what ever you are insinuating?
The Honorable Haley Barbour was an outstanding Governor. We would be very fortunate if he would accept the Chancellor's job. He is just the kind of strong leader needed to clean up the mess jones made at OM.

Is this the Haley Barbour you speak of? He's perfect! Where have you been hiding him? SMH

Good Ol' Boy

You still did not answer my question about what does "good ole boy" mean. As far as the Huffington Post, I suggest you find a credible source if you are trying to make point. The Huffington Post is not.

You still did not answer my question about what does "good ole boy" mean. As far as the Huffington Post, I suggest you find a credible source if you are trying to make point. The Huffington Post is not.
Uh, OK, I'll call Rush Limbaugh for clarification. Maybe he'll take my call if you can stop swinging from his nuts for 5 minutes. I can pull some more sources, if you like...No shortage of Barbour embarrassments in the press. I'm sure you will continue to say no source I present is credible.

Idea...Why don't you give me a list of what you consider "credible" sources. I will then search those outlets for similar stories...OK?

Nice try. Good deflection of the issue. I guess you learned that from Bill Clinton when lied in front of a Grand Jury and many in the press bought his deflection. First of all I do not listen to Rush. If you want to find a credible source I would start with the Wall Street Journal or maybe the Washington Post. That being said I take with a very big grain of salt many of the NAACP allegations these days. Not saying that some are not real, but there are also a lot Duke Lacrosse cases out there as well. If you are trying to accuse Haley Barbour of what I think you are, then you are going down a wrong road.

Nice try. Good deflection of the issue. I guess you learned that from Bill Clinton when lied in front of a Grand Jury and many in the press bought his deflection. First of all I do not listen to Rush. If you want to find a credible source I would start with the Wall Street Journal or maybe the Washington Post. That being said I take with a very big grain of salt many of the NAACP allegations these days. Not saying that some are not real, but there are also a lot Duke Lacrosse cases out there as well. If you are trying to accuse Haley Barbour of what I think you are, then you are going down a wrong road.
I haven't accused Barbour of anything, nor does anyone have to...His comments are well documented and stand on their own merit without me or anyone else piling on. I am also surprised that a conservative would consider a liberal outlet like the Washington Post credible, but OK.

If you read the article, the NAACP is criticizing remarks made by Barbour...They are not making unsubstantiated allegations. There were also responses from two college professors, as well.

good old boyalso good ol' boy or good ole boy (ôl)

n. Slang

A man having qualities held to be characteristic of certain Southern white males, such as a relaxed or informal manner, strong loyalty to family and friends, and often an anti-intellectual bias and intolerant point of view.

First of all I did not say I was a conservative but thanks for the compliment. Second whether or not I agree or not the WP, it is a pretty good paper. It is fair. The NYTimes is another story. Third Haley Barbour is well respected in spite of what the NAACP and a few college professors ( God help them) might say. He would be a great asset to OM.

I doubt that he would have any interest. He had the states top job for 8 years. The chancellors job for which he is more than qualified would be probably too big a step down $ wise from where he is now. Imho

First of all I did not say I was a conservative but thanks for the compliment. Second whether or not I agree or not the WP, it is a pretty good paper. It is fair. The NYTimes is another story. Third Haley Barbour is well respected in spite of what the NAACP and a few college professors ( God help them) might say. He would be a great asset to OM.
Well pardon me for the incorrect inference. Although thanking me for it only reinforces my perspective. Haley Barbour's presence would simply reinforce the "old guard", satisfying the locals, but would do little to advance OM to national recognition.

Anything short of a national search for a chancellor shows the state has little interest in promoting it's flagship university.

I agree that we should have a national search. That being said Mr. Barbour has a very good name nationally. I do not live in Mississippi and I always liked him before I even knew where he was from. In spite of what a few local chapters of the NAACP, a few idealists professors, and the Michael Moore whachos around campus might think, he would be great for OM.

Someone with Ole Miss background and qualified. No time to teach someone from Pennsylvania about our standards. The last guy from the bible college wasn't up to standards.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT