ADVERTISEMENT

it's official jones is history

Originally posted by zreb:
Someone with Ole Miss background and qualified. No time to teach someone from Pennsylvania about our standards. The last guy from the bible college wasn't up to standards.
What are "our standards"?

Someone with Ole Miss background and qualified. No time to teach someone from Pennsylvania about our standards. The last guy from the bible college wasn't up to standards.
"Our standards"? What exactly are "our standards" as you perceive them? Continuing the same tired, ineffective, close minded business model from 1950?

Originally posted by TheRebels'Advocate:
"Our standards"? What exactly are "our standards" as you perceive them? Continuing the same tired, ineffective, close minded business model from 1950?
The parigdm shift (and hypocrisy) in this situation is interesting: when it was time to hire a new AD the hue and cry was for someone with ZERO ties to Ole Miss...any name mentioned with previous ties was arbitrarily labeled as a "G.O.B." and immediately disqualified as a legitimate candidate. New Chancellor...complete OPPOSITE.

Jeezus there is some stupid in this thread. If you think inviting a politician into the chancellors office is a good idea you are mentally deficient.

Well Deltareb, since you are soooooo much smarter than everybody why do you not look at the list of very successful College Chancellors who have served a political office. The job of a college leader is to raise money, have vision, and keep a bunch of idealistic professors from killing each other. Haley Barbour would excell on all counts.

Originally posted by chattreb:
Well Deltareb, since you are soooooo much smarter than everybody why do you not look at the list of very successful College Chancellors who have served a political office. The job of a college leader is to raise money, have vision, and keep a bunch of idealistic professors from killing each other. Haley Barbour would excell on all counts.
Such as whom?

Donna Shalala for one. Terry Sandford at Duke is another.
Both have prior academic experience at a professional level. Barbour has zero. And considering the fact that Shalala has only served at appointed positions, not elected, calling her a "politician" is incorrect.

This post was edited on 4/4 12:44 PM by TheUnknownRebel

So. What does that have to do with anything? You said name one and I named two. The fact that Shalala was appointed does not make her a politician is again is irrelevant. If you remember during the Clinton years she was very political.

So. What does that have to do with anything? You said name one and I named two. The fact that Shalala was appointed does not make her a politician is again is irrelevant. If you remember during the Clinton years she was very political.
You said you had a "list"...all you have it TWO. I never said "name ONE". Shalala being "political" during the Clinton admin is a matter of opinion. Her not being, by definition a "politician" is a matter of FACT.

Nice try, but TRY AGAIN. And don't try splitting hairs with me. Because you will lose.

Every. Single. Time.

This post was edited on 4/4 3:33 PM by TheUnknownRebel

Ok. When you say " whom" the assumption is in the first person, not plural. Since you seem so enamoured with your self, if my assumption would be incorrect I aplologize. Now instead of googling and getting a list of higher education Presidents over history (actually Robert E Lee was a college president), let's get to the root of the issue. Several people here cringe at the thought of a famous Republican politician running our university. Since academia is a bastion of liberals, and yes that includes OM, I am sure some of our professors and Deans would go bananas if he were namesd to the position of Chancellor.

Now one thing our Politically idealistic people really need to think about is the state of higher education today. The next finicial bubble that is fixing to burst is the student loan debt. When that does, universities better be ready for a customer base that will not be able to get loans like they do today. We will see many more Sweet Briars coming. I think we will be very wise to have a Chancellor In place who knows how to politic, balance budgets, and get things done in the world that is coming. I wish our "left wing Rebels" could set their ideology aside for one minute and think about what is best for OM.

Ok. When you say " whom" the assumption is in the first person, not plural. Since you seem so enamoured with your self, if my assumption would be incorrect I aplologize. Now instead of googling and getting a list of higher education Presidents over history (actually Robert E Lee was a college president), let's get to the root of the issue. Several people here cringe at the thought of a famous Republican politician running our university. Since academia is a bastion of liberals, and yes that includes OM, I am sure some of our professors and Deans would go bananas if he were namesd to the position of Chancellor.

Now one thing our Politically idealistic people really need to think about is the state of higher education today. The next finicial bubble that is fixing to burst is the student loan debt. When that does, universities better be ready for a customer base that will not be able to get loans like they do today. We will see many more Sweet Briars coming. I think we will be very wise to have a Chancellor In place who knows how to politic, balance budgets, and get things done in the world that is coming. I wish our "left wing Rebels" could set their ideology aside for one minute and think about what is best for OM.
STILL waiting for your "list". Nice spin attempt red herring try, though.

I have already given you three that could be considered political Presidents. There tons of small colleges that people with a caeer in politics have gone onto be a college President. You can do the research as well as I can. That being said if you want to ignore the real issue here and continue to be a smart #%€, then keep deflecting the issue if it makes you feel good about yourself on an argument that you are wrong about.

I have already given you three that could be considered political Presidents. There tons of small colleges that people with a caeer in politics have gone onto be a college President. You can do the research as well as I can. That being said if you want to ignore the real issue here and continue to be a smart #%€, then keep deflecting the issue if it makes you feel good about yourself on an argument that you are wrong about.
No, considered by YOU to be "political presidents". You made the claim...burden of proof is yours. Any educated person should know that. Not my job to prove your points/claims for you.

Provide proof, please or your claim is false due to your inability to provide proof.

This post was edited on 4/4 5:22 PM by TheUnknownRebel

Ok. Here you go. All of these either served as chancellor or President. George Washinhton, Thomas Jetterson., James Mafison, John Tyler, and Millard Fillmore. I am sure you will find something wrong with this list. Do not ask for another.

Ok. Here you go. All of these either served as chancellor or President. George Washinhton, Thomas Jetterson., James Mafison, John Tyler, and Millard Fillmore. I am sure you will find something wrong with this list. Do not ask for another.
Where was George Washinhton (sic) a college president or chancellor?

What in the world does that have to do with anything? I tell you what, why do you not drive to Wiiliamsburg and tell the the board of trustees to remove his name because you deme him unqualified!

He was Chancellor at William & Mary from 1788 till 1799. You can look it up on Wikiapedia yourself. Also I already knew it anyway

And John Tyler?

Listen I am not going to do your research. If you want to find one link to prove your pointt, Have at it. Now I will say that 200 years ago Chancellor and President were two different positions some places. That is beside the point. If you want to pretend to yourself that you know sometime there are better ways to research something than trying to find a link. I have a library in my home with a ton of history books. Do you?

Listen I am not going to do your research. If you want to find one link to prove your pointt, Have at it. Now I will say that 200 years ago Chancellor and President were two different positions some places. That is beside the point. If you want to pretend to yourself that you know sometime there are better ways to research something than trying to find a link. I have a library in my home with a ton of history books. Do you?
YOU made the claim...burden of proof is YOURS. Therefore the "research" is YOURS. Or your claim is patently FALSE. And a library with a "ton of history books" does NOTHING to validate your claim.

Listen I tell you what. Either back to school or buys some books, and you may learn something. There is no burden of proof for me to educate someone who does not know what he is talking about. Now back to the original point I have given you 7 names. I did not even research senators congressmen mayors or governors. The best you can do is nit pick about things that you do not know what you are talking about. The bottom line there is a precedence for public service people to go into academia. Haley Barbour would not be the first and he would be great for OM. I am done. I going to watch the game.

Listen I tell you what. Either back to school or buys some books, and you may learn something. There is no burden of proof for me to educate someone who does not know what he is talking about. Now back to the original point I have given you 7 names. I did not even research senators congressmen mayors or governors. The best you can do is nit pick about things that you do not know what you are talking about. The bottom line there is a precedence for public service people to go into academia. Haley Barbour would not be the first and he would be great for OM. I am done. I going to watch the game.
So we'll just accept the fact that, without proof, your claim is patently FALSE.

You still did not answer my question about what does "good ole boy" mean. As far as the Huffington Post, I suggest you find a credible source if you are trying to make point. The Huffington Post is not.
Remember this? You expect him to find a "credible source" but you don't have to provide a source at all?

Hypocritical much?

STOP!!! We already know chattreb is an idiot you don't have to keep proving it over and over again!

CPA. I am an idiot? Well since you seem to be the source of all knowledge, let me know what constitutes an idiot? Do I not watch MSNBC enough?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT