ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL: Lane Kiffin Monday PC quick hits

Chase Parham

RebelGrove.com Editor
Staff
May 11, 2009
New challenge to go try to win on road at Auburn. Program that has won once there in 20 years. Excited to play a complete game and we’ll need that to win. They have good players and coaches and are a very different team at home. Last week doesn’t mean a thing.

We anticipate Watkins playing. That’s all I got for you.

I haven’t been around Hugh much. Few times over the years. I appreciate how he treated my brother. Good interactions the few times with him. Media days. Last year against Liberty. That's about it.

Bye week was about pass defense and tackling better and being consistent with third downs and run game on offense.

LSU does that to everybody. I’m not looking at it like we just do that, too. LSU is the hardest team to defend. Auburn is good on defense. They are well coached.

Anthony has good size-speed ratio and skills. He moves so well. He does look like an NFL guy and has leadership skills. He’s made good plays for us.

I think the SEC has been tough for a while. When I came in back at Tennessee it was really tough. Nick Saban, Spurrier, Meyer. Both times have been tough for me and great players and coaches you are against.

A lot of parity in the SEC. I don’t know why but I don’t watch all the games. There are upsets and parity. Marquee teams let teams hang around or lose. It’s not just portal. Good teams add great players, too. It’s not coaching. I would think it’s quarterback play a lot of the time. See the Pac 12. When people say they are the best conference, look at quarterback play.

I don’t know why Auburn is a better team at home but the stats support it. First back to back wins against AU in 71 years if we win. That place has some magical things to happen there. They play better there at night.

They coach well and have good schemes. They don’t do a lot of things but they do things well. Their DC was at Baylor and coached against us well there.

It is what it is preparing for two QBs. Thorne moves around better than people thought. They haven't made plays on deeper balls, but Thorne has thrown it well.

Prieskorn is here and will play. Tough situation for anyone to go through. I commend him for how he’s handled things and fought through it. He’s really a stud.

I can’t predict a WR suddenly breaking out that hasn’t played much. I’d certainly like to see that. Brown and Franklin and Williams had good bye weeks. We can maybe give them more opportunities maybe and them seize those opportunities when they happen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News