ADVERTISEMENT

Liggins

zreb

All-Pro NFL
Feb 27, 2002
I have great hopes for his success on the ol if for nothing else his attitude but he's a ol guy with qb mindset and athletic ability.

Reactions: CWB4OM
Liggins looks the part of a LT. He's working hard and is presently starting at LT.

I am pretty optimistic on his athletic ability especially after watching the Walton run where he's keeping up blocking . I just see effort coming out and hopefully he's a fit on the ol . He will see reps due to our injury prone line, thank art turf.

I asked him yesterday if Freeze was going to put in any tackle eligible plays for him.

I would like to see Tunsil at LT and he will be and Liggins at LG and good blocking TE and run everyting to the left.

Considering they were a patched up outfit and going against one of the best D lines in the country I thought they did well.

I personally watched the offensive line yesterday and was also pleased knowing the amount of injuries the group has been dealing with this spring. In particular I though Fahn Cooper looked in better shape which allowed him to move better and I liked what I saw of Javon Patterson. Liggins looked okay in spurts, but still struggled a bit which is expected. You can see he has the physical talent to learn and excel in his new position.

If LT comes back healthy at left tackle and Cooper is improved and be consistent from game to game at right tackle, Rod Taylor and Javon Patterson at the guard positions should cause everyone to have some hope that the overall O-Line play will be better this year. Anyone else have any thoughts after watching this game?

I expect Aaron Morris to be the starting LG, Conyers the center and Taylor the starting RG. I hope we get to see Bell on the bench. Then we'll know we're improving. As long as Bell sttarts that means we're not. improving.

Ranch or anyone, do you agree that Fahn Cooper looked in better shape and a little quicker? If he can become more consistent and Rod Taylor does line up next to him, the right side will be much improved over last year. This would help the running game too.

liggins has been wasted up until now. the experiment with him at QB was a disaster. they need to find a place for him on one of the lines and give him a chance to develop coach freeze seems not to be able to make up his mind on where he wants to play way too many players in my opinion..

Cooper will be better.

Hey Ranch:
You were correct. Fahn Cooper does look much better thus far and even playing left tackle. Recognizing it was against inferior competition he still looked more physical and in much better shape this year. Patterson has looked quite good too. If we can hold on until Tunsil gets back and Cooper can take the same physicality back to right tackle and Rod Taylor can return at right guard this group could turn into a strength this year. That is NOT something we could have even hoped for last year. Your article today is spot on if Tunsil can return. This could become a special year with Chad Kelly looking sharp early. Next week will be interesting to see who steps up and plays against the big boys on the road.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT