ADVERTISEMENT

Mississippi State is a better run university than Ole Miss.

Mississippi State gives more scholarship money to Mississippi kids. Their Chancellor doesn't stir up crap then throw the university under the bus. And State's Chancellor has done just as much good as Jones. Their enrollment has gone up and their endowment has too.

I am going to agree with Ranch on this one. From a university stand point, they have grown a great deal over the last 10 years. They have managed to become the media darling every time they have a good run and they have been able to not only get their fan base from an athletics standpoint excited, they have made huge strides in getting close to our facilities. Well at least from a stadium standpoint.

Everything good that has happened at OM has been in spite of the Left-wing Radical jones.

jones has been a public relations disaster for OM.

HERE is a partial list of the problems caused by jones

https://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGHP_enUS525US525&q=dan+jones+ole+miss+racial+incidents&norc=1&zx=1427834522924
This post was edited on 3/31 3:46 PM by lp4Rebs

https://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGHP_enUS525US525&q=dan+jones+ole+miss+racial+incidents&norc=1&zx=1427834522924

Originally posted by lp4Rebs:
Everything good that has happened at OM has been in spite of the Left-wing Radical jones.

jones has been a public relations disaster for OM. HERE is a partial list of the problems caused by jones https://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGHP_enUS525US525&q=dan+jones+ole+miss+racial+incidents&norc=1&zx=1427834522924

This post was edited on 3/31 3:46 PM by lp4Rebs
(D) Harry Reid for Chancellor.
roll.r191677.gif
You deserve him.

Originally posted by ranchreb:
Mississippi State gives more scholarship money to Mississippi kids. Their Chancellor doesn't stir up crap then throw the university under the bus. And State's Chancellor has done just as much good as Jones. Their enrollment has gone up and their endowment has too.
Every time jones opens his Left-wing Radical mouth he creates more problems for OM.

Originally posted by OM067:
I am going to agree with Ranch on this one. From a university stand point, they have grown a great deal over the last 10 years. They have managed to become the media darling every time they have a good run and they have been able to not only get their fan base from an athletics standpoint excited, they have made huge strides in getting close to our facilities. Well at least from a stadium standpoint.

Every time jones opens his Left-wing Radical mouth he creates more problems for OM.
(D) Barney Frank for OM Chancellor.
roll.r191677.gif

Originally posted by TheRebels'Advocate:

(D) Barney Frank for OM Chancellor.
roll.r191677.gif
Eric Holder should be looking for work soon. I'd take him in a heartbeat!
devil.r191677.gif

Dan Jones has been a great Chancellor and will continue to be a great Chancellor for years to come. We've had tremendous enrollment growth paired with record-high entrance scores. We've also had great growth in private funding to the university leading to further improvements in faculty and facilities. More students, more money, better students, better faculty, better facilities - Dan Jones has a great track record. I can't help but notice that those who want him gone are all from narrow sector of Ole Miss people who view the university as a museum of the Old South rather than the progressive educational institution that it truly is. I don't worry too much about those people because their numbers are dwindling every day. Ole Miss is going to continue it's march into the future regardless of those few who want to hold it in the past.

This post was edited on 3/31 5:12 PM by ProudReb

jones has set OM race relations back 50 years by repeatedly inciting racial discord

Thank God jones has only 5 months left to disgrace OM. The day that Left-wing Radical jones is kicked out of Oxford will be a great day for OM. jones has done nothing but bring disgrace and dishonor to OM.

This post was edited on 3/31 6:30 PM by lp4Rebs

State is doing all these things too and their enrollment has climbed and their endowment has increased. The thing State is doing better than Ole Miss is recruiting Mississippi kids. They go to high schools and recruit and offer more scholarship money to Mississippi kids than Ole Miss does. That's why Mississippi State grads are taking over Mississippi. I've been told the major differences between the IHL board and Dan Jones is that the board feels Ole Miss is here for teaching. Dan Jones wants Ole Miss to be the new social leader and make sure Mississippi goes Democrat in the future. A department head at Ole Miss told me Ole Miss is a lot more political than State. I don't like the direction Jones is taking Ole Miss and many donors agree with me.

Jones loves Obama and thinks he's doing a terrific job. That tells me all I need to know about Jones.

Jones loves Obama and thinks he's doing a terrific job. That tells me all I need to know about Jones.
Got any proof? Been hearing for years that Chancellor Jones is some sort of "PC liberal Democrat" but no one can seem to produce any sort of proof that it's true. Maybe you can.

This post was edited on 4/1 11:22 AM by TheUnknownRebel

Jones sat beside me at a basketball game and we talked politics some. I like Jones as a person but I don't like what he's trying to do to Ole Miss. Little by little Ole Miss will lose it's support in the state. Jones goes after out of state kids more than Mississippi kids. Most of the out of state grads will return to their home state. They are less likely to ever give back to Ole Miss. We have only 9000 athletic donors among the many thousands of grads. Out of staters are less likely to return to Ole Miss for games, especially basketball and baseball and the minor sport. They are less likely to donate to athletics.

Jones sat beside me at a basketball game and we talked politics some. I like Jones as a person but I don't like what he's trying to do to Ole Miss. Little by little Ole Miss will lose it's support in the state. Jones goes after out of state kids more than Mississippi kids. Most of the out of state grads will return to their home state. They are less likely to ever give back to Ole Miss. We have only 9000 athletic donors among the many thousands of grads. Out of staters are less likely to return to Ole Miss for games, especially basketball and baseball and the minor sport. They are less likely to donate to athletics.
Well he and I shared a Frosty at the Wendy's on Jackson Ave. and he told me that Obama was ruining this country.

See, I can do that too. No legitimate proof. As expected. And everything else you claim is nothing but speculation. The reality is that all of the nit-picking criticism Chancellor Jones has received goes back to the mascot, the FDWL/TSWRA issue, and the addressing of the use of the name "Ole Miss". Were it not for those during Jones' tenure, not only would his PERSONAL political views not have been made an issue (unnecessarily and unfairly) but there would likely be very little criticism of his work as Chancellor.

This post was edited on 4/1 11:43 AM by TheUnknownRebel

This post was edited on 4/1 11:45 AM by TheUnknownRebel

jones has created discriminatory, hostile environment for Conservative students at OM.

Conservative Parents will not send their Children to OM, if jones is still Chancellor and is getting students indicted on bogus charges.

The Lafayette County District Attorney refused to bring charges against Mr. Harris, then jones got holder, to bring bogus charges which jones then got reported in the international press causing more disastrous public relations for OM.

"It has taken time, but the process has worked and I'm confident justice will be done," Ole Miss Chancellor Dan Jones said in a statement Friday.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/feds-indict-noose-put-ole-miss-integration-statue-29970737

jones has created discriminatory, hostile environment for Conservative students at OM.

Conservative Parents will not send their Children to OM, if jones is still Chancellor and is getting students indicted on bogus charges.

The Lafayette County District Attorney refused to bring charges against Mr. Harris, then jones got holder, to bring bogus charges which jones then got reported in the international press causing more disastrous public relations for OM.

"It has taken time, but the process has worked and I'm confident justice will be done," Ole Miss Chancellor Dan Jones said in a statement Friday.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/feds-indict-noose-put-ole-miss-integration-statue-29970737
Bull......The DA did not "refuse" to prosecute...The case, according to state law did not meet the criteria for charges. There's a big difference between the two ideas.

"The local district attorney said in 2014 that state charges wouldn't be filed because no state laws were broken." Having said that, the current law needs a makeover.

Your posts have done more to equate conservatism with racism and bigotry than any liberal media outlet ever has.

Ranch. You are so wrong about out of state students. First of all OM desire to go 50 50 out of state to instate is a stroke of genius by OM. I have two kids that have benefitted from out of state availability. There are not enough qualified both academically and finicially applicants within the state to fill the roles and have a growing prosperous university. By attracting out of state students the university has been able to grow and become more than just a Mississippi University but a National University. If you want to see what Misisissippi looks like lock at Southern Alcorn St. MSU etc.

As a result of jones Radical Left-wing Politics, OM is now known as a discriminatory, hostile environment for Conservative Students. All jones is attracting is Left-wing Rabble Rousers.

Originally posted by chattreb:
Ranch. You are so wrong about out of state students. First of all OM desire to go 50 50 out of state to instate is a stroke of genius by OM. I have two kids that have benefitted from out of state availability. There are not enough qualified both academically and finicially applicants within the state to fill the roles and have a growing prosperous university. By attracting out of state students the university has been able to grow and become more than just a Mississippi University but a National University. If you want to see what Misisissippi looks like lock at Southern Alcorn St. MSU etc.
THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I certainly don't want to see the "in state" kids get a bad deal...However, in order to become a nationally relevant public university, one has to extend beyond state lines to entice the brightest students and faculty to study/teach/research at Ole Miss.

Ole Miss is a better university that State in almost every conceivable way. The fact that some people around here are willing to throw Ole Miss under the bus due to their radical right-wing reactionary political views is pathetic.

This post was edited on 4/1 9:15 PM by ProudReb

Only 5 months left of the Left-wing Radical jones regime!!!

It will be a great day for OM when jones is kicked out Oxford!!!

This post was edited on 4/2 12:57 AM by lp4Rebs

As a result of jones Radical Left-wing Politics, OM is now known as a discriminatory, hostile environment for Conservative Students. All jones is attracting is Left-wing Rabble Rousers.
Get someone close to you to explain to you that repeatedly posting the same non-factual, unsubstantiated bullsh!t over and over and over again (on multiple message boards) does NOT make it true.

I understand what you're saying, but. (1) Ole Miss is only getting mostly out of state students who don't meet the requirements to get into their best state schools. We're not getting other state's best. (2) Most of those students will never return to Ole Miss or contribute to Ole Miss in any way, especially athletically. (3) Miss State is getting stronger and stronger within the state and Ole Miss is losing support inside the state government. Whether you like it or not we are a state school. Are you saying we are better off getting the left overs from other states than going after the best in Mississippi? We are not going after the best in Mississippi. State goes to every high school recruiting students. We do not. Many Mississippi kids who grew up in Ole Miss households are going to State because they get more scholarship money at State. They will support State afterwards.

This post was edited on 4/2 8:09 AM by ranchreb

I understand what you're saying, but. (1) Ole Miss is only getting mostly out of state students who don't meet the requirements to get into their best state schools. We're not getting other state's best. (2) Most of those students will never return to Ole Miss or contribute to Ole Miss in any way, especially athletically. (3) Miss State is getting stronger and stronger within the state and Ole Miss is losing support inside the state government. Whether you like it or not we are a state school. Are you saying we are better off getting the left overs from other states than going after the best in Mississippi? We are not going after the best in Mississippi. State goes to every high school recruiting students. We do not. Many Mississippi kids who grew up in Ole Miss households are going to State because they get more scholarship money at State. They will support State afterwards.

This post was edited on 4/2 8:09 AM by ranchreb
STILL nothing but a long list of presumptions/assumptions that you cannot prove. Again, your view of Ole Miss is based on a vendetta against Chancellor Jones over IRRELEVANT symbols and "traditions".

Ranch....with all due respect, have you ever talked with anyone in Admissions? Do you ever talk with anyone who has to do with long range planning of the University, or do you even know any out of state kids and ask the why they chose OM. First of all the left over issue is bogus. States like Tennessee, Georgia, and Texas that have had artificial market changing admission policies like the lottery or the Texas admission program have created a large pool of very qualified students that can not get into their State Universities because of the above mentioned. No, they are not leftovers, but they are good students that are being hurt by unintended consequences. In Texas, you can go to a very good prep school, and finish in the top 15% in your class and not get admitted to UT while a student at a rural school finishes in he top 10 of theirs, yet gets admitted. In states like North Carolina and Virginia where the public education is much better than in Mississippi, and the demand leaves very qualified students with no way to get into UNC or UVA. Are these students leftovers? OM has seen this as a very good way to attract good students that will pay the out of state tuition that are not available within the state. Now, OM does recruit the local high schools. I am not saying that they do as hard as MSU, but the difference is that kids want to come to OM from out of state. MSU does not have the luxury. The only kids that they get from out of state are from adjacent counties where the out of state tuition is waived or from kids that get basically free rides for academics.

You should thank our administration for attracting kids from all over the country and be thankful that OM is a place they want to come and pay out of state tuition.

You can't prove me wrong. I know of three examples right off the top of my head. One is the son of a friend in Tupelo whose son got a free ride to State in Mechanical Engineering and got no scholarship money offer from Ole Miss. Another is my best friend's daughter who attended NW Rankin. Miss State came to that school recruiting kids and Ole Miss never did. Her dad is a Ole Miss grad and she grew up hating State. State gave her more scholarship money than Ole Miss offered and she went there. She graduated 3rd in her class. My sister's daughter had to come to Ole Miss to discuss scholarship money because no one came to her school. She got $50,000 in scholarship money but got a full ride to Millsaps. She never looked in to Miss State money.

My best friend's sons came to Ole Miss because they could not get into the best Texas schools. I think you have to finish in the top 10% of your class to get into them. I can give examples of most every thing I say. I'm not just bumping my gums because I don't like Jones. I just don't like the direction he's taking Ole Miss. Instead of bashing me, get out and learn something. Talk to people who have sons and daughters wanting to go to Ole Miss but end up not going. Posters here want a certified letter backing up my statements before they will believe anything. I get out and talk to people.

You can't prove me wrong. I know of three examples right off the top of my head. One is the son of a friend in Tupelo whose son got a free ride to State in Mechanical Engineering and got no scholarship money offer from Ole Miss. Another is my best friend's daughter who attended NW Rankin. Miss State came to that school recruiting kids and Ole Miss never did. Her dad is a Ole Miss grad and she grew up hating State. State gave her more scholarship money than Ole Miss offered and she went there. She graduated 3rd in her class. My sister's daughter had to come to Ole Miss to discuss scholarship money because no one came to her school. She got $50,000 in scholarship money but got a full ride to Millsaps. She never looked in to Miss State money.
Anecdotal "evidence" does NOTHNG to prove your claim. Bring me FACTS. I don't have to prove you wrong. You've made specific claims, so the burden of proof falls upon you.

This post was edited on 4/2 9:41 AM by TheUnknownRebel

My best friend's sons came to Ole Miss because they could not get into the best Texas schools. I think you have to finish in the top 10% of your class to get into them. I can give examples of most every thing I say. I'm not just bumping my gums because I don't like Jones. I just don't like the direction he's taking Ole Miss. Instead of bashing me, get out and learn something. Talk to people who have sons and daughters wanting to go to Ole Miss but end up not going. Posters here want a certified letter backing up my statements before they will believe anything. I get out and talk to people.
More anecdotal "evidence" which any educated and intelligent person knows provides no legitimate proof. And I'm not "bashing" you...I'm calling into question your claims. Claims for which you can provide ZERO proof.

After 15 years I've learned no one's mind is ever changed on a message board. I gave you examples of why I think the way I do. If you don't like my reasoning then that's OK with me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT