ADVERTISEMENT

Ole Miss Baseball

reded

Starting Ole Miss Quarterback
Nov 20, 2001
The baseball team deserves a special commendation for their performance in Nashville this weekend--against the defending National Champions, and the No. 1 or 2 team in the polls this year.

The Rebels won the series by the most razor thin margin I have ever seen or heard of.

After they lost the first game, the odds were overwhelmingly against them, but its not so much that they won the next two, its how.

Consider that they went into the ninth in the second game down 4 runs and got a Grand Slam to tie. Then in the 11th, Weathersby (my hero of the weekend) faces the bases loaded with no one out and gets out of it with mostly beautiful pitches and strikeouts. Lartique doubles in the 16th and Robinson scores from first.

Next day, they are down by a run in the 7th, and Robinson hits a ground ball to first, but the hop is high and the sun gets in the first baseman's eyes---and it rolls into right field and two runs score--the tying and winning runs.

Then, Sam Smith comes in with a 7.50 ERA and puts down No. 2, 3 and 4 in order, and pitches a scoreless 8th.

Amazing weekend. May have turned the season around.

This is the way we expect the Rebels to play. Still not too late to get ''on a roll''. [/I]
cool0023.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT