ADVERTISEMENT

Oxford Exxon Podcast, Powered by RebelGrove.com February 4, 2016

Neal, you've twice recently claimed that people who disparage Ole Miss are "far left liberals" or that an individual has accused Ole Miss of cheating in recruiting because they are a "far left liberal". I would be willing to bet my left arm that the VAST majority of sports people (sports reporters, pundits, fans) who accuse Ole Miss of cheating are conservative. Please explain your premise that "far left liberals" are the ones throwing Ole Miss under the bus or that the motivation for such accusations is some "far left liberal" conspiracy. Then please explain why it is that so many conservatives (including far right conservatives) have suddenly found a "far left liberal" position that they embrace.

It seems pretty clear that this a bone that you have to pick with "far left liberals" and it has little to nothing to do with what drives Ole Miss-hater sports fans to make such accusations.

I challenge you; every time you hear someone accusing Ole Miss of cheating at recruiting, ASK THEM if they are liberal or conservative. Go to elitedawgs and ask all the people there who accuse Ole Miss of cheating if they're "far left liberals". I'm pretty sure you'll be surprised with the results.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rebaz
Also, as a journalist you should be able to back up accusations that you make on the show. I would be interested to hear your evidence that Pat Forde (who I despise and who was born and raised in Colorado Springs, an epicenter of conservative Christian fundamentalism and one of the most conservative cities in the country) is a "far left liberal". He would probably be interested to hear your evidence too and will probably be very surprised to discover that he is such a thing.

Or do you just use that term as an epithet the way some people use "gay".

Reactions: Rebaz
Glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. Thanks for posying

I'm not trying to turn this into a political argument, but Pat Forde is not a conservative and is not even a moderate.

"Conservative", "moderate" and "far left liberal" are relative and subjective. When Neal links to Breitbart.com (a far right, conspiracy nut site) on Rebel Grove it makes me wonder what qualifies as "far left" to him. And even if Forde is in fact a self-proclaimed far left liberal, what does that have to do with people accusing Ole Miss of cheating in recruiting? I said it before and I'll say it again, the vast majority of people in sports radio, sports blogs, sports punditry and sports reporting are NOT liberal and the vast majority of those same people making these spurious accusations against Freeze and Ole Miss are most certainly conservative. Regardless, their accusations aren't about politics and have nothing to do with their being conservative. It's about jealousy, it's about Ole Miss not "staying in their place" and it's about good ole fashioned Ole Miss/SEC haters hatin'.

My point is that Neal, as a respected journalist (and a journalist that I have so far respected) needs to leave his person animosity toward far left liberals out of sports discussions that have nothing to do with politics. I joked about it the first time he made the "far left liberal" claim about Ole Miss haters, but the second time I had to speak up and challenge him.

Let me be clear. Even if Neal had said that Forde and other sports reporters and pundits who are throwing shade at Ole Miss were conservatives (which would generally be more accurate) I would be asking him what their personal politics has to do with this discussion.

A lot of us liberals BLEED Ole Miss Red and Blue and we listen religiously to your podcasts.

I was going to change my screen name to Far Left LibRebel. I have a sense of humor after all.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT