ADVERTISEMENT

Question About Baseball Tickets

Feb 3, 2024
Hi,

I am a Bama fan coming in peace. I have season tickets for Bama baseball and was looking at possibly going to Oxford for the weekend when we play you guys this April. Though I’ve been to Oxford many times for football and always had a great experience win or lose, I have never been to Oxford for baseball.

I see that only general admission tickets are available. I looked at the possibility of getting tickets for an actual seat on some of the secondary ticket sites, and right now, they are quite pricey.

As game time gets closer, is it typically possible to get tickets for an actual seat without breaking the bank either or on this site or on one of the secondary sites? Or, is general admission about the only way to get tickets without breaking the bank?

Also, if you have a general admission ticket, is it typically possible to find an unoccupied seat and sit in it, or is that something the event staff will not allow? I promise that I would not be an obnoxious opposing fan, just a Bama fan looking to enjoy SEC baseball. And, if the ticket holder did show up, I would immediately and gladly move.

Thank you all very much for your help.

Hi,

I am a Bama fan coming in peace. I have season tickets for Bama baseball and was looking at possibly going to Oxford for the weekend when we play you guys this April. Though I’ve been to Oxford many times for football and always had a great experience win or lose, I have never been to Oxford for baseball.

I see that only general admission tickets are available. I looked at the possibility of getting tickets for an actual seat on some of the secondary ticket sites, and right now, they are quite pricey.

As game time gets closer, is it typically possible to get tickets for an actual seat without breaking the bank either or on this site or on one of the secondary sites? Or, is general admission about the only way to get tickets without breaking the bank?

Also, if you have a general admission ticket, is it typically possible to find an unoccupied seat and sit in it, or is that something the event staff will not allow? I promise that I would not be an obnoxious opposing fan, just a Bama fan looking to enjoy SEC baseball. And, if the ticket holder did show up, I would immediately and gladly move.

Thank you all very much for your help.

You could always wait until closer to the game, I guarantee the prices will go down. And if they don’t, you can just buy a GA then. They won’t sell out of GA.

For a GA ticket, your best bet is left field, and here is how that works:

- Bring your own chair
- coolers are allowed, just no glass
- gates always open 2 hours before 1st pitch
- depending on which day of the weekend and the weather, the line can start to form several hours before gates open. Those of us that are die hards get out there really early some days, especially if it’s a big weekend.

Speaking of big weekends, I just realized the Bama series is Double Decker weekend lol. So, from many years of experience with baseball series on DD weekend, I can tell you that Saturday will be a day where people are lining up at 8 am for 12:00 gates. It’ll be a massive crowd. Friday and Sunday games won’t be as bad as far as getting there that early.

Hope this helps!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT