ADVERTISEMENT

Starting QB in 90 More Days?

I think there is a better chance of keeping RB than DK. If Kelly does not keep clean (which at this point I am thinking he might just make it) the Rebel nation will be sitting on pins and needles.

Reactions: Fishing123
Buchanan was #1 when spring football ended. He did the best job running the offense. None stood out though. Kelly has more tools than Craftman so I suspect he'll end up #1.

if kincade doesn't win the job i hope they can convince him to switch to running back. i think he would be devastating there. and we sorely need one.

I just cannot fathom a 5 headed QB competition next spring. I believe that Kelly will get the nod in our second games next year and it will be his to lose from that point forward. I believe that Kincade will see the writing on the wall in August and transfer to an FCS school before the season even starts. Pellegrin will be a wild card. From what I have read, he has the tools for the part but he will likely find himself in the shadows of Kelly and Patterson. He may be able to move to another position, but JP may well see that his best shot at the NFL will be at QB and transfer. I hate this whole idea, but barring injuries we are perhaps too blessed at QB if that is possible.

The other thing to look at for is how Shea's arrival might affect Kelly if Kelly is indeed the starter in '15. If Patterson were to take away Kelly's job, the locker room may not be a pleasant place.

Keep in mind that we will have to field a much more potent offense in '16 because the defensive talent we lose after '15 is mind boggling.

All QBs bring something different to the table. The unknown factors, which are critical IMHO, are leadership and confidence. Without these traits, makes little difference which one starts. Under that premise, It is a rare occurrence when a true freshman starts the season for an SEC program.

I just cannot fathom a 5 headed QB competition next spring. I believe that Kelly will get the nod in our second games next year and it will be his to lose from that point forward. I believe that Kincade will see the writing on the wall in August and transfer to an FCS school before the season even starts. Pellegrin will be a wild card. From what I have read, he has the tools for the part but he will likely find himself in the shadows of Kelly and Patterson. He may be able to move to another position, but JP may well see that his best shot at the NFL will be at QB and transfer. I hate this whole idea, but barring injuries we are perhaps too blessed at QB if that is possible.

The other thing to look at for is how Shea's arrival might affect Kelly if Kelly is indeed the starter in '15. If Patterson were to take away Kelly's job, the locker room may not be a pleasant place.

Keep in mind that we will have to field a much more potent offense in '16 because the defensive talent we lose after '15 is mind boggling.

I see it this way...Kelly to start 2015 and 2016. Buchanan as back up this year and then third string after Shea Patterson becomes the red shirt back up to kelly next year. Kincade will change positon to RB. Pelegrin will transfer after he figures out he is left out of the mix.....

I see it this way...Kelly to start 2015 and 2016. Buchanan as back up this year and then third string after Shea Patterson becomes the red shirt back up to kelly next year. Kincade will change positon to RB. Pelegrin will transfer after he figures out he is left out of the mix.....

I'll be surprised if Kincade doesn't transfer to a Texas school rather than switch positions. He's not a RB. From what I hear on Pelegrin is that many of the WR's are impressed with his strong arm. I think he is redshirted and runs the scout team this year. If he doesn't see any future at QB he is plenty big enough for TE. Whether Patterson is redshirted or not depends on how well Kelly does.

Kincaide will never play meaningful snaps in a Rebel uniform, unless RB or Kelly get hurt.

ranch i respectfully disagree with your assessment of kincade as a running back. every time i have seen him tuck it and run when the protection broke down, he seemed to have very good vision and instincts. i know one thing, every time he has the ball in his hands, he is very dangerous and i would love to see them give him a real shot at it.

Reactions: rebmeister
ranch i respectfully disagree with your assessment of kincade as a running back. every time i have seen him tuck it and run when the protection broke down, he seemed to have very good vision and instincts. i know one thing, every time he has the ball in his hands, he is very dangerous and i would love to see them give him a real shot at it.

In the hand full of times he's carried the ball in a game he's fumbled twice deep in our own territory. He's not a between the tackle runner, something all RB's must be able to do. there's a huge difference in scrambling and taking handoffs. Kincade would be lucky to get 5th team snaps at RB. He's not better than any of our top 4 RB's. Also, he may not be a better runner than Kelly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT