ADVERTISEMENT

With their backs against the wall, will Ole Miss...

HONKifUvCOACHED4BAMA

Two-Star Prospect
Jul 20, 2006
come out fighting? This reminds me of Auburn's 1993 season.

Pat Dye's final season (1992) was less than what he and the fans had become accustom to. With the NCAA rumors circulating around - and some key injuries - AU posted a 5-5-1 record. To make matters worse, bama won the NC that year. Then, when Dye resigned, the only coach willing to step into that wasp nest was Tiny Terry Bowden. To say things looked bleak would be akin to saying bammers are obnoxious - understatement of the century.

Of course Auburn went undefeated and won a share of the National Championship. Then followed that by only losing one game the following season.

Then again in 2009 Auburn was ushering in a new coach after "retiring" Tommy Tuberville. Gene Chizik was the only coach willing to take the job. And just like in 1992, bama won the NC in 2009. So what does Auburn do? They run the table in 2010, winning a Heisman Trophy and an NC.

Once more - after firing Chizik - Auburn and new coach (Gus) wins the conference and makes it to the NC game barely losing to FSU with 13 seconds left on the clock (DAMNIT!)

So don't let this get you down. Sometimes those dark clouds have silver linings.

Pat Dye's final season (1992) was less than what he and the fans had become accustom to. With the NCAA rumors circulating around - and some key injuries - AU posted a 5-5-1 record. To make matters worse, bama won the NC that year. Then, when Dye resigned, the only coach willing to step into that wasp nest was Tiny Terry Bowden. To say things looked bleak would be akin to saying bammers are obnoxious - understatement of the century.

Of course Auburn went undefeated and won a share of the National Championship. Then followed that by only losing one game the following season.

Then again in 2009 Auburn was ushering in a new coach after "retiring" Tommy Tuberville. Gene Chizik was the only coach willing to take the job. And just like in 1992, bama won the NC in 2009. So what does Auburn do? They run the table in 2010, winning a Heisman Trophy and an NC.

Once more - after firing Chizik - Auburn and new coach (Gus) wins the conference and makes it to the NC game barely losing to FSU with 13 seconds left on the clock (DAMNIT!)

So don't let this get you down. Sometimes those dark clouds have silver linings.

Fair point, Auburn's prodigious cheating was certainly the only way they could ever make it onto 60 Minutes.

Since that 60 Minutes who has been on probation 3-4 times and who hasn't been a single time? LOL at your fail!!!

The 60 Minutes expose into Auburn paying Eric Ramsey aired in December of 1991, a month earlier Auburn was put on probation. 2 years later, Auburn was put on probation again, and 11 years after that, they were hit again.

So Auburn was put on probation twice after the 60 Minutes episode in 1991. Given how often the NCAA has put Auburn on probation, we'll forgive you not remembering all of them, there's been a lot.

The 60 Minutes expose into Auburn paying Eric Ramsey aired in December of 1991, a month earlier Auburn was put on probation. 2 years later, Auburn was put on probation again, and 11 years after that, they were hit again.

So Auburn was put on probation twice after the 60 Minutes episode in 1991. Given how often the NCAA has put Auburn on probation, we'll forgive you not remembering all of them, there's been a lot.
You're confused. Auburn has not been on probation since the Eric Ramsey fraud.

Meanwhile Cheating Gene got bama on probation. So did Dubose and eve saban. That's why the NCAA refers to bama as "serial repeat violators".....

Nuff said.

I always get a little chuckle out of watching Alabama and Auburn fans go at it, especially on the subject of cheating. If you were to ask fans of all 14 SEC schools who the two worst cheaters in the conference were, which were the most corrupt, 13 of them would include Alabama, and 13 of them would include Auburn.

It makes sense - their histories, their culture, their geography, their competition and their governing bodies are inextricably linked. With Bama's high-placed influences, I honestly think it has resulted in a degree of protection for Auburn (witness the farce of the Cam Newton investigation) because more than anyone else, Auburn knows all of Alabama's secrets, all their skeletons in their closet, where all the bodies are buried, and I'm certain that that has resulted in the unspoken threat of mutually assured destruction if the NCAA should ever come down hard on them.

Reactions: msdeltareb
I always get a little chuckle out of watching Alabama and Auburn fans go at it, especially on the subject of cheating. If you were to ask fans of all 14 SEC schools who the two worst cheaters in the conference were, which were the most corrupt, 13 of them would include Alabama, and 13 of them would include Auburn.

It makes sense - their histories, their culture, their geography, their competition and their governing bodies are inextricably linked. With Bama's high-placed influences, I honestly think it has resulted in a degree of protection for Auburn (witness the farce of the Cam Newton investigation) because more than anyone else, Auburn knows all of Alabama's secrets, all their skeletons in their closet, where all the bodies are buried, and I'm certain that that has resulted in the unspoken threat of mutually assured destruction if the NCAA should ever come down hard on them.

While I do agree with most of this and agree Auburn definitely skated on the Newton investigation, do you really think a fan of Ed Orgeron's team should be talking about other team's cheating? Hell I guess you do.

While I do agree with most of this and agree Auburn definitely skated on the Newton investigation, do you really think a fan of Ed Orgeron's team should be talking about other team's cheating? Hell I guess you do.
Wasn't really meant as an accusation, just pointing out the irony. Everybody is convinced that everybody is cheating whenever theyre successful, and everybody knows somebody's brother's girlfriend's cousin who REALLY knows. The only thing we can really all agree on as a fact is that OM just got hit with the most level 1 violations in history...

Last edited:
Wasn't really meant as an accusation, just pointing out the irony. Everybody is convinced that everybody is cheating whenever theyre successful, and everybody knows somebody's brother's girlfriend's cousin who REALLY knows. The only thing we can really all agree on as a fact is that OM just got hit with the mosy level 1 violations in history...
Is that confirmed that we got hit with the mostly level 1 violation? Or should it read, mostly one violations? Fill me in, what does that mean-level one? The SMU deal of the 1980's? Because it's not that bad. It's come to the point where college football is corrupt. DJ Fluker deal at Alabama and Newton at Auburn both under a lot of scrutiny!

Is that confirmed that we got hit with the mostly level 1 violation? Or should it read, mostly one violations? Fill me in, what does that mean-level one? The SMU deal of the 1980's? Because it's not that bad. It's come to the point where college football is corrupt. DJ Fluker deal at Alabama and Newton at Auburn both under a lot of scrutiny!

You do realize you are asking a leg humping, trailer dwelling, wife/sister beater to give you advice on Ole Miss' current NCAA situation that he knows as much as you do right?

this is a full list of the violations

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...2/ole-miss-ncaa-allegations-list-updated-2017

You do realize you are asking a leg humping, trailer dwelling, wife/sister beater to give you advice on Ole Miss' current NCAA situation that he knows as much as you do right?

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...2/ole-miss-ncaa-allegations-list-updated-2017
Honestly, who would be better qualified?

To be fair, it would be better to ask pretty much anyone other than OM's administration or fans, considering how consistently wrong/dishonest theyve been up to this point. Honestly, the more aggressively they attack someone, the more likely you should listen to what that person has to say...

Last edited:
Not attacking anyone. Just that I see a double standard where we are more scrutinized b/c it's ole Miss, not Alabama or Auburn, or, hell, even MSU. Influence and money mean much more than integrity of the sec. It's amazing we are doing as well with beating Alabama and osu in the sugar bowl. If Alabama fans were honest, they would agree and post on this board or others their true beliefs. You cheat! I for one would respect Alabama fans like I use to. Or MSU fans.

Lol at Ole Miss being the most scrutinized. Hollywood made a movie about Ole Miss cheating and the NCAA did nothing about it. Does the Blindside ring a bell? Basically details all the illegal benefits Ole Miss gave Micheal Oher

Ole Miss' current situation is 100 percent due to the delusion most Ole Miss fans suffer from. I would rank Ole Miss as about the 9th best football program out of the 14 currently in the SEC, yet you hicks expect other people to believe you could honestly have a top 5 or top 10 recruiting class nationally

Ole Miss' current situation is 100 percent due to the delusion most Ole Miss fans suffer from. I would rank Ole Miss as about the 9th best football program out of the 14 currently in the SEC, yet you hicks expect other people to believe you could honestly have a top 5 or top 10 recruiting class nationally

Yet as an Auburn fan, you believe that Auburn signed Cam Newton without paying a penny for him. You're not a good person to be lecturing any program this side of SMU on cheating.

well ...they have a trailer dwelling, wife...........etc.

we have bjork who has overseen scandals in three sports, with the football program facing significant penalties........seems a close call

Yet as an Auburn fan, you believe that Auburn signed Cam Newton without paying a penny for him. You're not a good person to be lecturing any program this side of SMU on cheating.
And you are a bammer who believes it is strictly a coincidence that every recruit under shorty Saban magically shows up in Turdscaloser driving a new Dodge Charger or some type of new car most poor blacks can't afford on their own

And you are a bammer who believes it is strictly a coincidence that every recruit under shorty Saban magically shows up in Turdscaloser driving a new Dodge Charger or some type of new car most poor blacks can't afford on their own

I'm assuming you've never attended college. If these players are truly too poor to afford to buy a new car (you couldn't possibly know that), then they would qualify for financial aid from multiple sources that would easily be enough for them to float a $300 car payment for 2-3 years till they get out of school. If you're too poor to afford a nice car but you're projected to be an NFL millionaire in another year, why not use your aid money to make payments on a new car for a year?

Lol at Ole Miss being the most scrutinized. Hollywood made a movie about Ole Miss cheating and the NCAA did nothing about it. Does the Blindside ring a bell? Basically details all the illegal benefits Ole Miss gave Micheal Oher
Huh? This is a serious post?

The Blindside was before all this started. Oher was recruited legitimately. But like you, these allegations truly worry me as an OM alumnus reputation-wise and personally would like to to wring the necks of those who started it! We WERE up and coming in recruiting, and quality of play and a great bowl game in the Sugar Bowl seem to set a precedent. Very disappointed Rebel fan, and I'm sure there are more like me!

How's Will Redmonds mustang running these days?

Case in point. Miss State has already served its penalty, we're about to see what Ole Miss' is.

Of course, there's always a chance the NCAA will drop the case and issue an apology to Ole Miss, right?

Guess you got your answer; huh?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT