ADVERTISEMENT

Yo Foe

Originally posted by zreb:
Any fire to the Kirby smart rumor down there?
In all seriousness--there has been a rumor about every single decent coordinator or former NFL coach that is alive. Nobody knows anything, but other than pissing off Saban I can't think of a great reason to hire Smart nor do I think he'd switch jobs. Personally, if I had a say so I'd look real hard at stealing the Hogs DC. That guy can coach

Re: Arkansas DC Robb Smith

I concur! Arkansas' defense started good, and improved as season progressed. Their huge OL got the most publicity, but defense was main reason for their success!

I was just sending a possible rift between Satan and Smart. I have zero to base that on but when ba isn't in the GAME then unhappiness raises it's ugly head.

Foe, as someone close to the situation , do you honestly LSU can return to elite status and how can it be accomplished?

Re: LSU names new DC

Z,

Kevin Steele, 56, LB coach at AL, has been named DC. He has been a HC at Baylor and DC at Clemson. Has been a defensive assistant at several schools. A radio announcer who covers LSU sports said he is not a sexy hire but is a solid coach who is a very good recruiter. If you want to see more info, go here.

Thanks, I dk much about him but was int. in the hire. More worried about the recruiter angle myself.

Originally posted by zreb:
Thanks, I dk much about him but was int. in the hire. More worried about the recruiter angle myself.
I am not overly fired-up over the hire, but recruits evidently are. Several top recruits are seriously happy about it. He coached Bama's linebackers. That said he was national recruiter f the year in 2005. Word is his first hire is Ed Orgeron as DL coach and assistant head recruiter. He can recruit for sure.

that said miles is still coach

Easy to say now, but Kirby was never going to leave Saban's side for a lateral move. If there was any smoke at all it was to get Kirby a raise. Since the end of the regular season Kirby went from the highest paid DC in the conference to no better than 4th. Regardless of how good a DC Kirby is and there is some question to that because he hasn't left Saban's side, his value to Bama is his recruiting.

Ok now I am scared. Y'all are going to fool around and get this D thing back into high gear with EO in the job. I'm fearing him back in the sec as he should make it a point to get after us. Don't blame him either.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT