ADVERTISEMENT

All this Golding hype

zreb

All-Pro NFL
Feb 27, 2002
may be just like Houston Nutt's. Oregon did the dirty work and Nutt had 2 years of success. Golding has been at Bama for 1 year and is likely benefitting from Pruitt's work. Jury out for now.

Reactions: horn65
I watched Pete’s defense while at DSU they were badass and won a championship.

I watched Pete’s defense while at DSU they were badass and won a championship.
The truth is him coming here is a pipe dream. Unless he is tired of being with Saban (possible) he won’t leave Bama to be the DC @ Ole Miss. Word is the DC position @ Oklahoma is being offered to him for 2 million or more.

The forthcoming MacIntyre interview seems quite telling.

I wish you would watch your mouth. Bad taste in words for young people
to read. But that is what this world is coming too. CNN has proved that.

He uses this place like it's his private diary just posting half thoughts that most don't get. We usually ignore him.

Damn! I have something in common with a ******! (that would be Freeze Fan part).

Golding has a proven track record of success and has been at Bama calling the plays on defense. If Saban trust him to call the defense then he must be good considering they are playing for championships. Not to mention Saban fighting to keep him on his staff. Ole Miss will only hire up and coming coaches and Golding is your next Kirby Smart. Golding has already said that Ole Miss was a sleeping giant that needs to be awakened and that he could get it done. Ole Miss needs to give him the chance and let him have full control of the program to do what’s needed to turn it around. They need to give him whatever he needs to have success and once he builds it the administration needs to fight to keep him from leaving. The stepping stone mentality at Ole Miss needs to change or that’s all it will ever be. It’s an expensive to set at the table with the big boys. If you want to play you got to pay but the good thing is if your playing you generate revenue that helps you continue to play.

Being so many places for 1 year and moving on doesn't necessarily make you a star, but that said he's coaching the likely Nat Champs. Whoever is at the helm takes the blame or the credit. He DID step in to a talent LOADED situation. In any event, either we weren't right or he wasn't so it's moot. Freeze was prob our best shot at someone who would make us win and not move on. He needed to manage his life better and he was learning by mistakes in program management. Not sure his dismissal was necessary as I'm not in the know but given today's transgressions in society, maybe something lesser would have worked. In any event, that too is moot.
The situation we are in today is pitiful and won't like be resolved the near term. More suffering ahead.

Had we got Golding and Kendall Briles and finished with Handy Dean and Jones we might have thought we had a chance to right the ship next fall. Didn’t happen and hopefully we’ll have a new coach after the 2019 egg bowl...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT