ADVERTISEMENT

As an Auburn fan

HONKifUvCOACHED4BAMA

Two-Star Prospect
Jul 20, 2006
I feel vindicated.

Throughout the Cam matter all the trolls from other SEC schools (many here as well) kept insisting that the only reason the NCAA found Auburn to be as clean as a whistle was because the conference strong-armed the NCAA into backing off due to the huge revenues involved. Now that Ole Miss has been hammered, that excuse no longer holds water.

Don’t pretend to know the why’s of anything pertaining to other programs, but for all intents and purposes, the NCAA investigation into Ole Miss was over until Larry Tunsil beat the crap out of his stepfather for hitting his mother. Payback is a bitch! Auburn “clean as a whistle”? Ever hear of Eric Ramsey?

I feel vindicated.

Throughout the Cam matter all the trolls from other SEC schools (many here as well) kept insisting that the only reason the NCAA found Auburn to be as clean as a whistle was because the conference strong-armed the NCAA into backing off due to the huge revenues involved. Now that Ole Miss has been hammered, that excuse no longer holds water.
Actually the NCAA ruled that there was no rule against a parent receiving money if the player didn’t know about it. They didn’t say Auburn was clean. That rule has been changed now. As for Ole Miss we are getting hammered because a booster was going to pay a recruit IF he signed but he didn’t sign so he never received the money. He did admit State paid him $11,000 but State got off Scott free. The NCAA has proven they have selective enforcement. How about that clean basketball program of Auburn’s.

According to the NCAA, the schools with the most number of major infractions cases:

SMU, 10

Arizona State, 9

Oklahoma, 8

Wichita State, 8

Auburn, 7

Florida State, 7

Texas A&M, 7

University of California (Berkeley), 7

Georgia, 7

Memphis, 7

Minnesota, 7

Wisconsin, 7

West Virginia, 7

Baylor, 6

Kansas State, 6

Mississippi State, 6

UCLA, 6

Cincinnati, 6

Illinois, 6

Kansas, 6

Kentucky, 6

Miami (Florida), 6

Southern California, 6

Texas-Rio Grande Valley, 6

Source: NCAA

Online: NCAA database: http://web1.ncaa.org/LSDBi/exec/miSearch

Reactions: JxznAveUndertkr
Here are some articles related to NCAA Infractions:

Report: Auburn bribed players
http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...recruiting-rules-gene-chizik-according-report

Recruiting scandal means uncertain times ahead for Auburn and Bruce Pearl
https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...rtain-times-ahead-for-auburn-and-bruce-pearl/

The Top 25 Dirtiest Athletic Programs In College History IV: Cheat Free or Lose Hard
https://www.cowboysrideforfree.com/...athletic-programs-in-college-history-iv-cheat

From SB Nation-Cowboy Ride for Free:
USC. Ohio State. Auburn. North Carolina. That's right folks, college athletic programs are cheating their ass' off recently (and winning championships for it, going "all in"*)

Most NCAA Infractions: The Record No Team Wants To Hold
(AUBURN is #3 on the list)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/428918-most-ncaa-infractions-the-record-no-team-wants-to-hold

The NCAA Probation Hall of Shame
http://thesportdigest.com/2012/08/the-ncaa-probation-hall-of-shame/

From Business Insider:
Just in the last few months, Auburn won a national title amid accusations that Heisman Trophy winner Cam Newton received a substantial amount of money in a pay-for-play arrangement.

Scam+Newton+shirt.jpg

722a84028b736b4e5ced6f761af566d0.jpg

It Costs A Lot To Hide The Dirt

Now we know why so many college football programs are operating in the red despite lucrative TV and bowl payouts.

There is a cost of doing business in this sport not explicitly spelled out in athletic department budgets.

It's called hush money.

While urbane school officials may call them confidentiality agreements, we know better.

ABC-TV analyst and ex-Auburn coach Terry Bowden didn't shed much new light last weekend on the slush-fund controversy he said he unearthed when he was hired by Auburn in 1993, but the details of his settlement with the school were instructive in higher education's use of hush funds.

Bowden apparently got paid as much by Auburn to shut up as ABC-TV is paying him to talk.

According to the Huntsville (Ala.) Times and The Associated Press, the last of three settlement agreements Bowden signed with Auburn call for him to repay the school $620,000 if he makes public any knowledge of NCAA violations. Bowden, however, may cleverly avoid having to pay this penalty because that confidentiality agreement may not have been in effect when he made comments on tape to a reporter two years ago about cheating at Auburn.

All of this makes you wonder how much college football spends in confidentiality agreements with disgruntled former employees and boosters. OK, it can't be that much, but the fact that an educational institution uses confidentiality agreements to keep NCAA violations secret at all is troubling.

If you need catching up, last week the Opelika-Auburn (Ala.) News made public a Bowden interview recorded two years ago by columnist Paul Davis. On tape, Bowden said when he arrived as coach in '93 that a group of Auburn boosters had a system in place where it funneled thousands of dollars to players. Bowden said he put an end to it, but the story did not appear in the Opelika-Auburn News at the time. Bowden, who resigned in 1998, said he made the comments off the record.

pixel.gif

pixel.gif

When Bowden was hired, Auburn was under NCAA penalty for infractions during the Pat Dye era. As Auburn's coach, Bowden didn't volunteer to the NCAA that he knew that a booster fund for players was still in existence. On the contrary, he certified to the NCAA in documents that he was not aware of any unreported violations during his time there.

Asked on air last weekend if he lied in his documentation, Bowden gave a lengthy pause before saying: ``I would say there are certain things that under contract, legal agreement, not to talk about."

Maybe Bowden did shut down the booster fund, but he doesn't come off honorably here. When Bowden decided to resign with the program foundering five years ago, he holed up with his attorney and school officials and took two days to negotiate a settlement so sweet that he got to remain in a house Auburn was paying for.

After a 1-5 start to Bowden's final season, you can't help wondering about those secrets and that sweet settlement.

Also, Bowden is now hiding behind that confidentiality agreement at ABC while manipulating the news. Davis says Bowden encouraged him in e-mails to publish those ``off-the-record'' comments before they appeared last week.

The booster pay-for-play allegation shouldn't have shocked SEC fans. It's like hearing a report that it rained in Borneo. SEC programs have been penalized nine times since 1990 for major NCAA violations. That's double any other conference during that time. Alabama, Kentucky and Arkansas are now under NCAA probation, and Mississippi State is under investigation.

If not for confidentiality agreements, who knows what other dirty little college football secrets might be exposed?

Last edited:
Shameless Auburn U. Again Tucks Tail, Pays

Would somebody please tell me how I can get on Auburn University's gold brick list? I mean, I could retire 10 years early and get out of you readers' hair if only you'd tell me where the line forms for Auburn grants.

In researching the sordid goings-on behind Terry Bowden's lynching last fall, I developed the theory that ``Auburn'' must be an old Indian word for ``hush money.'' Or ``payoff.''

pixel.gif

pixel.gif

Auburn has been paying off an alleged former bag man at the annual rate of $96,000 the past three years. They agreed to pay off Terry $620,000 only after he signed in blood that he won't tell what he knows. They're essentially paying off NCAA-infamous Pat Dye by keeping him on in a feather-bedding staff position.

Now they're paying off football opponents they're afraid they can't beat.

If I promise never to refer to AU as Atrocities U., or Aberration U., how much can I add to my nest egg? If I try to justify why they just ratted out on this fall's season-opening game at Florida State, or explain how they really had good reason to renege on a thousand 4-H students they had promised to treat to the Auburn-LSU basketball game Saturday, how much of an endowment could I expect from Annuity - uh, I mean Auburn University?

Certainly wouldn't be anything new. They're already in the business of buying sports writers. The bank controlled by Auburn tyrant/booster Bobby Lowder sponsors the radio show of one Birmingham columnist who - surprise, surprise - strongly defended Auburn's shameless tuck-tail-and-run-from-FSU move in print. However, another Birmingham columnist, exercising his obvious freedom of thought and proven integrity, termed the bailout as dishonorable cowardice. ``There's a time to simply make a fist and yell, `Bring 'em on!' and do the manly thing, which is usually the right thing,'' Clyde Bolton wrote. ``This is one of those times.''

Are universities no longer in the business of holding themselves up as examples of honor and commitment?

The dictionary defines ``auburn'' as a reddish brown color, although it's more red today for those at Auburn with a conscience. My Webster's also suggests a word for rule by a single individual, so maybe the school should be Autocracy Univ. Can't say for certain that Lowder, the bullmoose banker, is behind this FSU bailout, but it would be the first Auburn athletic decision more important than the color of letterheads.

Athletic Director/Puppet David Housel made it clear enough it wasn't his idea when he left a phone-mail message for FSU Athletic Director Dave Hart that he had been ``instructed'' to fax the cancellation notice. Housel also called it ``an institutional'' issue, but if you think the school president actually ventured anywhere close to a football matter, then you haven't been paying attention to news out of Amok Univ.

I refuse to believe that Housel - long thought to be an honorable soul fiercely loyal to Auburn's dysfunctional family - pushed for this bailout just months after he had given his word to Hart that the game was on. What is his word worth now?

That brings us back to the banker who is backing new Coach Tommy Tuberville, apparently even when Tuberville recently mentioned he didn't want to open his tenure at FSU.

pixel.gif

So out came the checkbook again and Auburn will be coughing up at least $1 million to ditch FSU in favor of mighty Appalachian State, or some other humpty. (I say ``at least'' because AU could face a lawsuit from the Atlantic Coast Conference over lost revenue from ESPN, which was set to air the FSU-Auburn game.) FSU is suddenly facing the difficult task of finding - in a matter of weeks - a suitable foe in a sport in which schedules of suitable foes are locked in eight and 10 years out.

What message is Tuberville sending to his new players? He surrendered to FSU before the first shot was fired. Aren't you supposed to wait until the fort is on fire and the parade grounds are littered with dying troops before you run up the white flag? This would be like the Allies telling Germany, ``Look, we don't have any beef with Hitler. We'd rather fight Luxembourg.''

Silly me. I've long thought of high school and college coaches as admirable pillars who dispense character and spine. They spew mottos like, ``When the going gets tough, the tough get going.'' Or they tell the lads when their backs are to the end zone, they have to hunker down, dig in, reach back and grab a fistful of dirt and fight harder.

But when a little rain falls at Auburn, certain Tigers run like cur dogs. Obviously, the AU mantra is: ``When the going gets tough, who can we pay off?''

Where the hell did the as an auburn fan go ?????
I guess he had someone read all this to him......

Shameless Auburn U. Again Tucks Tail, Pays

Would somebody please tell me how I can get on Auburn University's gold brick list? I mean, I could retire 10 years early and get out of you readers' hair if only you'd tell me where the line forms for Auburn grants.

In researching the sordid goings-on behind Terry Bowden's lynching last fall, I developed the theory that ``Auburn'' must be an old Indian word for ``hush money.'' Or ``payoff.''

pixel.gif

pixel.gif

Auburn has been paying off an alleged former bag man at the annual rate of $96,000 the past three years. They agreed to pay off Terry $620,000 only after he signed in blood that he won't tell what he knows. They're essentially paying off NCAA-infamous Pat Dye by keeping him on in a feather-bedding staff position.

Now they're paying off football opponents they're afraid they can't beat.

If I promise never to refer to AU as Atrocities U., or Aberration U., how much can I add to my nest egg? If I try to justify why they just ratted out on this fall's season-opening game at Florida State, or explain how they really had good reason to renege on a thousand 4-H students they had promised to treat to the Auburn-LSU basketball game Saturday, how much of an endowment could I expect from Annuity - uh, I mean Auburn University?

Certainly wouldn't be anything new. They're already in the business of buying sports writers. The bank controlled by Auburn tyrant/booster Bobby Lowder sponsors the radio show of one Birmingham columnist who - surprise, surprise - strongly defended Auburn's shameless tuck-tail-and-run-from-FSU move in print. However, another Birmingham columnist, exercising his obvious freedom of thought and proven integrity, termed the bailout as dishonorable cowardice. ``There's a time to simply make a fist and yell, `Bring 'em on!' and do the manly thing, which is usually the right thing,'' Clyde Bolton wrote. ``This is one of those times.''

Are universities no longer in the business of holding themselves up as examples of honor and commitment?

The dictionary defines ``auburn'' as a reddish brown color, although it's more red today for those at Auburn with a conscience. My Webster's also suggests a word for rule by a single individual, so maybe the school should be Autocracy Univ. Can't say for certain that Lowder, the bullmoose banker, is behind this FSU bailout, but it would be the first Auburn athletic decision more important than the color of letterheads.

Athletic Director/Puppet David Housel made it clear enough it wasn't his idea when he left a phone-mail message for FSU Athletic Director Dave Hart that he had been ``instructed'' to fax the cancellation notice. Housel also called it ``an institutional'' issue, but if you think the school president actually ventured anywhere close to a football matter, then you haven't been paying attention to news out of Amok Univ.

I refuse to believe that Housel - long thought to be an honorable soul fiercely loyal to Auburn's dysfunctional family - pushed for this bailout just months after he had given his word to Hart that the game was on. What is his word worth now?

That brings us back to the banker who is backing new Coach Tommy Tuberville, apparently even when Tuberville recently mentioned he didn't want to open his tenure at FSU.

pixel.gif

So out came the checkbook again and Auburn will be coughing up at least $1 million to ditch FSU in favor of mighty Appalachian State, or some other humpty. (I say ``at least'' because AU could face a lawsuit from the Atlantic Coast Conference over lost revenue from ESPN, which was set to air the FSU-Auburn game.) FSU is suddenly facing the difficult task of finding - in a matter of weeks - a suitable foe in a sport in which schedules of suitable foes are locked in eight and 10 years out.

What message is Tuberville sending to his new players? He surrendered to FSU before the first shot was fired. Aren't you supposed to wait until the fort is on fire and the parade grounds are littered with dying troops before you run up the white flag? This would be like the Allies telling Germany, ``Look, we don't have any beef with Hitler. We'd rather fight Luxembourg.''

Silly me. I've long thought of high school and college coaches as admirable pillars who dispense character and spine. They spew mottos like, ``When the going gets tough, the tough get going.'' Or they tell the lads when their backs are to the end zone, they have to hunker down, dig in, reach back and grab a fistful of dirt and fight harder.

But when a little rain falls at Auburn, certain Tigers run like cur dogs. Obviously, the AU mantra is: ``When the going gets tough, who can we pay off?''
Didn't read after realizing it was a 30 year old article. LOL!!!

Didn't read after realizing it was a 30 year old article. LOL!!!

The article was written on February 7, 1999 which makes it 19 years old. In case you need to do the math, today's date is 5/5/2018 and the date of the article is 2/7/1999. By subtracting the values you get 2/28/19. To account for the correct math you have to consider and treat the months as a base 30 number. This makes the article 19 years, 2 months, and 28 days old. That is 10 years, 9 months, and 2 days less than 30 years old. Therefore, the article is not a 30 year old article.

Last edited:
The article was written on February 7, 1999 which makes it 19 years old. In case you need to do the math, today's date is 5/5/2018 and the date of the article is 2/7/1999. By subtracting the values you get 2/28/19. To account for the correct math you have to consider and treat the months as a base 30 number. This makes the article 19 years, 2 months, and 28 days old. That is 10 years, 9 months, and 2 days less than 30 years old. Therefore, the article is not a 30 year old article.
Oh.... 20 years? Well now THAT'S different. LMAO!!!

How about this. Auburn suck 100 years ago and sucks today. Cam Cam..
Auburn didn't suck 100 years ago and even won their first NC 105 years ago so, wrong (again.)
Since that time Auburn has won 5 more and played for another as recently as 2013. Last year, had we not suffered so many injuries while beating 2 top ranked teams at season's end (thUGA and bama), AU probably beats thUGA again and wins the playoff for yet another NC. Suck? Don't think so.
Ole miss, OTOH......

Oh.... 20 years? Well now THAT'S different. LMAO!!!

Here is a recent article within the past year that relates to Auburn's image. Unfortunately Auburn is branded as a long time cheating school filled with many scandals that have been swept under the rug. Auburn still ranks as a top school with the most NCAA major infractions.

Most NCAA major infractions
  • SMU 10
  • Arizona State 9
  • Oklahoma 8
  • Wichita State 8
  • Auburn 7
  • Baylor 7
  • Florida State 7
  • Texas A&M 7
  • California 7
  • UCLA 7
  • Georgia 7
  • Memphis 7
  • Minnesota 7
  • Wisconsin 7
  • West Virginia 7

Click below for the article from November 2017:

Auburn athletics desperately needs image makeover

Here is a recent article within the past year that relates to Auburn's image. Unfortunately Auburn is branded as a long time cheating school filled with many scandals that have been swept under the rug. Auburn still ranks as a top school with the most NCAA major infractions.

Most NCAA major infractions
  • SMU 10
  • Arizona State 9
  • Oklahoma 8
  • Wichita State 8
  • Auburn 7
  • Baylor 7
  • Florida State 7
  • Texas A&M 7
  • California 7
  • UCLA 7
  • Georgia 7
  • Memphis 7
  • Minnesota 7
  • Wisconsin 7
  • West Virginia 7

Click below for the article from November 2017:

Auburn athletics desperately needs image makeover
This jumped out at me just a few paragraphs in:

"Technically, Auburn athletics hasn’t had a major NCAA violation since 2004. Meanwhile Georgia, Mississippi State, Missouri, South Carolina, Arkansas, Alabama, LSU, Tennessee, Florida and Ole Miss have all been cited for something, some more than once. Most of have been incidents isolated to one sport, while Ole Miss went in front of the NCAA Committee on Infractions in September."

LOL!!! AU football has been clean since the late '80s (Eric Ramsey.)

Roughly 30 years. Feels good!

F Auburn.
Auburn is one of the most corrupt programs in the history of collegiate athletics.
Collectively marinating in elephant piss the last 100 years has affected the reasoning ability of your fan base I suppose.

F Auburn.
Auburn is one of the most corrupt programs in the history of collegiate athletics.
Collectively marinating in elephant piss the last 100 years has affected the reasoning ability of your fan base I suppose.
Say what you want but the fact remains..... AU football has been clean the last 29 years. Ole Miss is on probation and will be for a few years.

Enjoy!

by the way no one here gives two shits about auburn.
And you won't unless you beat them at something. Then you'll start threads of how glorious it is to beat Auburn at something - even if it's as lame as baseball - just to be able to say, "on this day, we were finally better than Auburn!"

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT