ADVERTISEMENT

As for the "journey"

zreb

All-Pro NFL
Feb 27, 2002
We have only backed our of the driveway. The combined losses of ark and tcu expose huge issues which need addressing, moving forward.

Arkansas, LSU and TCU exposed our weak O line, stopped our running game and pressured Bo. That was the formula for beating us. With no offense our defense was on the field too long and with all the injuries we've had in our defensive backfield we just ran out of gas. Hilton is not really a CB and with Davis and Sheppard out for the year we ran out of options. We need more depth and the only way to get that is through recruiting.

That loss was a dagger in the heart. That was the worst exhibition I have seen or ever will see long as I live. It will be a bitter taste for 9 long months. Yes that bad. OL issues and oc issues. Werner is ineffective. He's here because he was in town and needed a job. There is never mention of that Sims kid on the ol. Is he with us?

Our Offensive line has been terrible since freeeze got there. There has to be changes in this dept. We can blame it on injuries all we want but we are just terrible at run blocking. Every Team has injuries to deal with. We have got to concentrate on recruiting lineman. I think we give Luke on more year to fiqure this out then we have to make a change. You can't win in any league without a running game. Even with a great line we have also got to find a larger back. Look around at the good ones, they are all big guys. Being small and quick just doesn't get it anymore. Everyone is Fast and Quick! We are the worst 1st down team in the country. And that is contributed to no running game.
Our offense was better the first year Freeze was here than it was this year.

Between ark and tcu at a combined 72-3 score, a long look in the mirror might be in order. I have a hard time counting the Presby in our wins this year this making our final results equal to last especially give the bowl performances of our opponents, save BS and mem.

I just don't understand.............

the offensive philosophy. Big, slow OL in a spread offense just doesn't make sense to me. Also, waaay overweight. I know everyone is down on Wallace, but without him, we would probably have won 5 - 6 games each of the last 3 years. Freeze was extremely fortunate to have had Wallace. Now, he is looking for an "instant success" replacement in Kelly, ala Jeremiah Masoli. Word is no coaches will be replaced. If we can get Kelly and he behaves, I can see some success next year. If we don't, I see us going backwards, particularly on offense. Although Freeze is recruiting well overall, his offense is really not SEC worthy with his current philosophy, and the stats prove it. Again, Wallace made Freeze look really, really good.

Although the bowl performance was forgettable to say the least, Ole Miss is light years ahead of where they were when CHF came to Oxford and the future is bright. TCU was out to prove a point and did so at the Ole Miss team's expense. I think TCU might be the best team in the country right now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT