ADVERTISEMENT

Billy Brewer gone?

zreb

All-Pro NFL
Feb 27, 2002
No way! What a great guy! i had he and his buddy Eddie Crawford over to my duck club one time when we weren't busy on December;<) Had a great time and lots of stories in the blind. He loved Ole Miss, both of them did!

I sat next to Shirley Crawford at the baseball game yesterday. She’s a heckuva sports fan.

I knew Billy pretty well. It bothers me a lot that fans have been hard on him through the years. When he took over in 1983 we were at rock bottom. He did all he could. Yes the NCAA stuff was tough on us. But the older I get I realize the NCAA is a corrupt bunch that's never been kind to anything Ole Miss. He was always kind to me and I cherish time we spent together. And he was a Rebel. I won't forget that. Gerald Turner and his mistreatment of Billy Brewer remains a sore spot for me and probably always will be. I hope he's visiting Roy Lee today and catching up on everything that's going on in a better place than where he was yesterday. Rest In Peace Coach.

I knew Billy pretty well. It bothers me a lot that fans have been hard on him through the years. When he took over in 1983 we were at rock bottom. He did all he could. Yes the NCAA stuff was tough on us. But the older I get I realize the NCAA is a corrupt bunch that's never been kind to anything Ole Miss. He was always kind to me and I cherish time we spent together. And he was a Rebel. I won't forget that. Gerald Turner and his mistreatment of Billy Brewer remains a sore spot for me and probably always will be. I hope he's visiting Roy Lee today and catching up on everything that's going on in a better place than where he was yesterday. Rest In Peace Coach.
I remember taking a date to a game at the Vaught who was not an OM student nor was she from Mississippi. Gerald "the douche" Turner was presenting some award or something at mid-field during halftime. Everyone in the stadium booed him when he was introduced. The look on his face when 40,000+ booed him was classic. He was trying to smile, but could only grit his teeth. I turned to my date and said (with a slight grin), "He isn't liked very much." I don't think he lasted much longer after that.

SMU friends of mine came to dislike Turner very quickly.

It's a shame the school didn't do something to recognize him and make up before he passed away , I hope they do something posthumously.

It's a shame the school didn't do something to recognize him and make up before he passed away , I hope they do something posthumously.
I think there was some kind of lawsuit between OM and Brewer over not paying the remaining money on his contract. If that is the case, at least as far as the administration is concerned, Brewer would not get any love from OM.
Any time OM does well you can expect the clowns at the NCAA to make up a reason to put us on probation.

Asshole Gerald Turner was to blame for OM not paying Billy. I was thinking that OM ultimately paid up but OM CAN embarrass us with some stupid moves.

Asshole Gerald Turner was to blame for OM not paying Billy. I was thinking that OM ultimately paid up but OM CAN embarrass us with some stupid moves.
They had him at the chucky Mullins drive ceremony and he ate lunch at the alumni house several days a week. There is a small cafeteria in there if you are ever over there .

They had him at the chucky Mullins drive ceremony and he ate lunch at the alumni house several days a week. There is a small cafeteria in there if you are ever over there .
I would not have allowed him on the premises.

I always liked him .

I didn't think Gerald was FOR Ole Miss but for himself and his agenda. He hates sports ask SMU folks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT