ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching

Sep 21, 2019
WOW! What a disgrace in coaching today so far.
Offensive plan is to run the hell out of the QB on every play.

Bama is going long almost every play and you know what play is coming and no adjustment is being made to stop it.

Don't know who saw the Finebaum show this week but a reporter was on who said if the season continues like this Luke is gone at the end of the year!

Our db's are out of their league with Bama. It should be much worse.
No it shouldn't. A 1st down or 2 and any imagination Bama would have 2 less TD's. D made an average Memphis and Cal passing game look like superstars. You knew what we were up against in a elite passing team today. I will just keep adding to this response. Special teams coaching is horrible, punting with this roll out garbage is horrible. Can't cover a kick off, etc, etc, etc, This is like high school coaching if that!
BTW I posted about the roll out punt garbage before the punt was blocked. Who didn't see that coming.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fishing123
Very disappointed that Grant Tisdale wasn’t played earlier in game. Plumlee is very good runner, but his long passes were off the mark. Unless he improves in that area, he will only be effective in wildcat situations.

Yeah, Tisdale didn't disappoint. This qb situation could get sticky. Somebody ain't gonna be happy.

Yeah, Tisdale didn't disappoint. This qb situation could get sticky. Somebody ain't gonna be happy.

Somebody is already unhappy... I know your kool aid sippin ass is in the stand... take a look around...The fans are furious...

If they don't like getting bench... let their ass transfer.. What's going to happen?? We continue to lose? They damn sure not going to play for another D-1 college...

FlaReb1 Is rather overly critical. Must not follow football regularly.

Somebody is already unhappy... I know your kool aid sippin ass is in the stand... take a look around...The fans are furious...

If they don't like getting bench... let their ass transfer.. What's going to happen?? We continue to lose? They damn sure not going to play for another D-1 college...
you need to sit down and take a deep breath there pal.

I am not taking sides in the above dispute.......I find myself in the rapidly growing group of people who just don’t give a flip anymore...

WOW! What a disgrace in coaching today so far.
Offensive plan is to run the hell out of the QB on every play.

Bama is going long almost every play and you know what play is coming and no adjustment is being made to stop it.

Don't know who saw the Finebaum show this week but a reporter was on who said if the season continues like this Luke is gone at the end of the year!
Most rushing yards I can remember on a Bama team. Ran the ball all over their ass good job RR.

OK OK OK!
We Are all Rebel Fans to the end (regardless) None of us here can do anything but go or not go, watch or not watch. We can see the good things in the making and we can also see that bad that's happening. I can also an ambivalence towards football in general. The $$$$$$$ there has overcome the common man and it's priced many "out of the game". I don't live within reasonable distance to go to games but didn't buy season tix when I lived in Memphis. I had 3 kids in private schools and college. No piss away income for Loyalty donations to get better than end zone tix. I had other interests in the fall and could always get decent tickets at game time. The football program (imho) has BIG $$$$$ issues. We can't solve it here. The HAD BETTER GET ON IT or I don't have a good feeling about the results.

OK OK OK!
We Are all Rebel Fans to the end (regardless) None of us here can do anything but go or not go, watch or not watch. We can see the good things in the making and we can also see that bad that's happening. I can also an ambivalence towards football in general. The $$$$$$$ there has overcome the common man and it's priced many "out of the game". I don't live within reasonable distance to go to games but didn't buy season tix when I lived in Memphis. I had 3 kids in private schools and college. No piss away income for Loyalty donations to get better than end zone tix. I had other interests in the fall and could always get decent tickets at game time. The football program (imho) has BIG $$$$$ issues. We can't solve it here. The HAD BETTER GET ON IT or I don't have a good feeling about the results.
The problems are not in the athletic building....

The problems are in The Lyceum......the future of the football program may very well be decided in a few weeks with the chancellor selection.....he/she will either takes steps to bring back the alumni, ticket buyers, donors who have turned away......or he/she will continue down the destructive path of the previous failed chancellors......the wrong choice, and ole miss may never be competitive in the S E C again.......unless one considers going 2-6 or 3-5, and only losing to bama by thirty being competitive

If this list of 8 candidates is the best we can do after a LENGTHY search, it panic time in Oxford. I would like to know what reasons there are for the lack of interest from them.

If this list of 8 candidates is the best we can do after a LENGTHY search, it panic time in Oxford. I would like to know what reasons there are for the lack of interest from them.
well.....we need to wait and see who the children sign off on......they seem to be running the U lately.....

heres a post from an Ole Miss Sports administrator

I decided to check Twitter to see about their personalities.

Michael Benson (EKU) - Seems like he is athletics minded and loves to promote his university. He seems to have vision.

Kelly Damphousse (Ark St) - He was born a Canadian. That's a red flag for me considering he probably leans left and will not understand the culture of the deep south and will try to "fix" it. That being said, his Twitter account showed nothing to lead to this but I have known plenty of Canadians that have that mindset. He does seem athletics minded and loves to promote ASU.

Dr. Sharon Graber (Toldeo) - She does not have a Twitter account from what I can tell but a Google search showed that she seems pretty liberal. Her main focus is on diversity. She put in place a VP of Diversity at Toledo.

Bill Hardgrave (Auburn) - He seems like a very business-minded person. I can't find any political lean one way or the other. I like that.

Chris Howard (Robert Morris) - Former Football player at the Airforce Academy, he seems like he is very student focused. He definitely leans left.

Cal Mayo (Mayo Mallette PLLC in Oxford) - He's a lawyer and looks to be a good one. He is very influential in Ole Miss, being part of the search committees for AD (2012) and Chancellor (2009). He is a member of the UM Foundation Board and the Ole Miss Athletics Foundation Board.

Robert Robbins (Arizona) - Seems like a run of the mill university president. He seems to lean left as he was consistently tweeting about Latinos and even retweeted an article supporting Black Lives Matter.

Fred Slabach (Texas Wesleyan) - He came in and fired some long time coaches, however, he is connected to the Democrat party by the Clintons so that's going to be a hard "no" for me.

ADVERTISEMENT