ADVERTISEMENT

Hi, I'm visiting Saturday, need some logistics advice

Apr 10, 2018
Hi guys, my name is Andy. I'm a retired dude, ex-Navy vet, Memphis alum and avid sports fan, and part of my bucket list is to travel around to all the best college towns and tailgates, and see what's up, so this week it's The Grove.

Any tips you can give me on where to park, anything unusual or fun to see at the tailgate, etc. would be much appreciated.

Also, like most retired folks on fixed incomes, I try to operate on a budget, so I come equipped with a camera, to film anybody who would like to talk about the food they serve, their recipes, tailgate rigs, whatever, and to post them on my (soon to be) YouTube channel, to hopefully put a dent in my travel expenses.

I'm just starting out. You guys are my second stop, so any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

P.S. I found a link to solve my parking question. Any advice you can give me about what to see in the Grove, whether there is a team "walk" before the game, who has a tailgate I should check out, etc., would be great.

Last edited:
You need a pass to park on campus.....you might try the ticket exchange forum, but at this late date that will be tough

There is parking at the old mall parking lot......they run a shuttle. Or about a 10 minute walk up yo the grove

There is a shuttle .....double deck red bus, that I think still picks up at the Faulkner statue.......I don’t know if it’s free.....but won’t be much if not

Or you could find street parking somewhere on the square and walk up University avenue right to the grove. 8/10 minutes

Welcome and have a good time

You need a pass to park on campus.....you might try the ticket exchange forum, but at this late date that will be tough

There is parking at the old mall parking lot......they run a shuttle. Or about a 10 minute walk up yo the grove

There is a shuttle .....double deck red bus, that I think still picks up at the Faulkner statue.......I don’t know if it’s free.....but won’t be much if not

Or you could find street parking somewhere on the square and walk up University avenue right to the grove. 8/10 minutes

Welcome and have a good time
Thanks. I figured we would have to park and take a shuttle from somewhere. I found a link that gives me the details.

Meanwhile, are there any good places in town, or nearby, to eat before or after the game? My sister and I are staying in an RV park at Wallace Creek, and will be driving around in either her SUV or my truck.

We plan to check out the Grove starting about 3-4 hours before game time. Is that enough time to see everything? I don't really have a concept of how big that is. Last time I was on campus for a game was in college in the '60s,.

ADVERTISEMENT