ADVERTISEMENT

How Ole Miss and TCU can score on each other

rebmeister

All America Prospect
Feb 11, 2005
Jackson, MS
(a good read from SB Nation)

Two of the country's best teams meet in Atlanta on New Year's Eve. And both No. 6 TCU and No. 9 Ole Miss have opportunities to crack the other's fierce defense.

TCU and Ole Miss have looked like two of the strongest teams in the nation. But both have flaws that they were unfortunate to have exposed by their schedule. The Rebels struggle to run the ball against better fronts. TCU is vulnerable to teams that can take the top off of their aggressive defensive (Baylor dropped 782 yards).

For one to find an edge will require that both teams are fully invested in this game and that each coaching staff does due diligence to scouting out weaknesses. One Boykin scramble and deep bomb to Doctson or a well-timed trick play from Freeze could be the difference.

More:

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/12/19/7412101/ole-miss-tcu-peach-bowl-2014-preview

Originally posted by rebmeister:
(a good read from SB Nation)

Two of the country's best teams meet in Atlanta on New Year's Eve. And both No. 6 TCU and No. 9 Ole Miss have opportunities to crack the other's fierce defense.

TCU and Ole Miss have looked like two of the strongest teams in the nation. But both have flaws that they were unfortunate to have exposed by their schedule. The Rebels struggle to run the ball against better fronts. TCU is vulnerable to teams that can take the top off of their aggressive defensive (Baylor dropped 782 yards).

For one to find an edge will require that both teams are fully invested in this game and that each coaching staff does due diligence to scouting out weaknesses. One Boykin scramble and deep bomb to Doctson or a well-timed trick play from Freeze could be the difference.

More:
I think OM wins comfortably. Peach or whatever its called now is one of the top bowls, but I think TCU shows up uninspired and disapointed because of getting passed for one of the 4 playoff spots. OM could win regardless of TCU's frame of mind, but with all that happened I think OM gets it done and it won't come down to the end.

For ANY team to gain 782 yds against you and staying in the top 25 is like saying Whoopi Goldberg is hot!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT