ADVERTISEMENT

I may get eviscerated but a positive….

RebelliousLawyer

Four-Star Prospect
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2016
I took my soon to be 9 year old son to the game yesterday. Was our first home game since 2016 vs. UGA. In the eight years since I’ve been, the gameday atmosphere has completely changed, especially for an 11:00 am kick. My wife noted the same, said multiple time the grove pregame was a lot more enthusiastic and seemed like everyone was on the war path. A few Kentucky fans around us said the same thing.

For the first time since I was in the student section everyone around us was making noise (except the couple next to us, they hated me). My son was jumping up and down, yelling, eating hotdogs, and generally having a blast. I told him it’s our job to help the defense by making as much noise as possible. He took it to heart and hasn’t stopped talking about it.

Losses suck, especially when there was no thought within me that we’d lose that game. I also hate moral victories and consolation prizes, but my son had a great time and I hope it’s not 8 years until I make it back to the velvet ditch with him because he’s a fan for life now.

So some perspective, there’s more to life than what 18-22 years old do in a game. This team might not be what we thought, but, because of them, and because of all the Rebs like yall that welcomed us back into the fold, my son had a core memory day. So, thanks for that and go Rebs!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.