ADVERTISEMENT

Leadership,as it may be, at

zreb

All-Pro NFL
Feb 27, 2002
Ole Miss had best be scrambling to figure how to divorce Ole Miss from Nike. There is no justification for any business relationship with a company like that, unless you have the morals of an alleycat. Nike has drawn a line. It will not go away. Which side will you be on?

Think about this headline, "OM First to Back Away from Nike Over Racial Politics. You sure that's a good idea for a southern school that has a bad track record with diversity?

It's about right and wrong. The men and women of the armed services who served and some gave their all, did not do it for white America or "their hometown" but for all of America. I do not care what the media has to say as they are no longer relevent. Our University should be able to look themselves in the mirror every day. If you want to talk the talk, fine, but walking the walk is what it is all about. Nike is in this for the money, period. Some will side with them, others of us will not nor contribute to it.

hernando makes a good point.......but with so many not buying tickets and withholding donations, not doing that might make that problem even worse

I'd have to say Nike has done far more controversial and unethical shit in its past that is worth separating from or in OM case not to associate with but if they bail now they are sending the message they are tolerant of law enforcement violence toward minorities. I get it, taking the knee is bullshit and I am in complete agreement as there are far better ways to raise awareness. But if OM walks from Nike over this, it will be the story and will certainly be used against us going forward.

40903472_2039091186115824_8364359490820112384_n.jpg

But everyone has issues with nike now lol

I'd have to say Nike has done far more controversial and unethical shit in its past that is worth separating from or in OM case not to associate with but if they bail now they are sending the message they are tolerant of law enforcement violence toward minorities. I get it, taking the knee is bullshit and I am in complete agreement as there are far better ways to raise awareness. But if OM walks from Nike over this, it will be the story and will certainly be used against us going forward.
disagree, but if you have shakey knees then leet others set the path.

the workers you show are not black.........they don't matter

Guess we can't be first now.
810_2360.jpg

Posted: Wednesday, September 5th, 2018 Slider, Stories | Basketball| Basketball
COLLEGE OF THE OZARKS DROPS NIKE FROM ATHLETIC UNIFORMS
release Reporting |
POINT LOOKOUT, MO. — College of the Ozarks plans to remove all athletic uniforms purchased from Nike or that contain the Nike emblem. Student athletes will no longer wear the brand in response to the company’s new ad campaign.
Nike released their ad campaign this week on the 30th anniversary of the “Just Do It” slogan.
College of the Ozarks has stated its views regarding patriotism, the American flag, and the national anthem. In October 2017, the College revised its contracts for competition in all sports, adding a stipulation that all participating players and coaches show respect for the American flag and national anthem. The College also requested that the NAIA move the 2018 Men’s Division II Basketball Tournament to another venue, which they did. The tournament is no longer played at College of the Ozarks.
“In their new ad campaign, we believe Nike executives are promoting an attitude of division and disrespect toward America,” said College of the Ozarks President Jerry C. Davis. “If Nike is ashamed of America, we are ashamed of them. We also believe that those who know what sacrifice is all about are more likely to be wearing a military uniform than an athletic uniform.”
Dr. Marci Linson, vice president for patriotic activities and dean of admissions, oversees patriotic activities at the College and safeguards the College’s patriotic goal: to encourage an understanding of American heritage, civic responsibilities, love of country, and willingness to defend it.
“Nike is free to campaign as it sees fit, as the College is free, and honor-bound by its mission and goals, to ensure that it respects our country and those who truly served and sacrificed,” Linson said.
People-Tag: Jerry C. Davis, Marci Linson
PREVIOUS

ADVERTISEMENT