ADVERTISEMENT

Luke is history

zreb

All-Pro NFL
Feb 27, 2002
but if they give the Moore incident as cause ITS BULLSHIT. That should have never been mentioned. We aren't running a sunday school but a football program defined by w's and l's.

Reactions: OleMiss-USMC
Here's list of candidates for other schools
ARKANSAS
Matt Campbell - Iowa State
Mike Norvell - Memphis
Hugh Freeze - Liberty
Josh Heupel, UCF Head Coach
Skip Holtz, Louisiana Tech Head Coach
Chris Klieman, Kansas State Head Coach
Mike Leach, Washington State Head Coach

MISSOURI
Mike Norvell - Memphis
Todd Graham - formerly of Arizona State
Bill Clark - UAB
Willie Fritz - Tulane
Bill Napier - Louisiana-Lafayette

FLORIDA STATE
James Franklin - Penn State
Brian Kelly - Notre Dame
Mike Norvell - Memphis
Odell Haggins - FSU Interim Coach
Bob Stoops - Former Oklahoma coach
Mark Stoops - Kentucky coach
Minnesota coach P.J. Fleck - Minnesota coach
Other potential replacement considerations:

Mark Stoops has publicly taken his name out of consideration for the FSU coaching job. JMO, but they were all in on getting his brother Bob and by all accounts has turned them down, so now they’re still working on Plan B.

Mark Stoops has publicly taken his name out of consideration for the FSU coaching job. JMO, but they were all in on getting his brother Bob and by all accounts has turned them down, so now they’re still working on Plan B.
I can't fathom Bob but I couldn't beleive we could fire Luke this year either.

Here's list of candidates for other schools
ARKANSAS
Mike Norvell - Memphis
Hugh Freeze - Liberty
Josh Heupel, UCF Head Coach
Skip Holtz, Louisiana Tech Head Coach
Chris Klieman, Kansas State Head Coach
Mike Leach, Washington State Head Coach

MISSOURI
Mike Norvell - Memphis
Todd Graham - formerly of Arizona State
Bill Clark - UAB
Willie Fritz - Tulane
Bill Napier - Louisiana-Lafayette

FLORIDA STATE
James Franklin - Penn State
Brian Kelly - Notre Dame
Mike Norvell - Memphis
Odell Haggins - FSU Interim Coach
Bob Stoops - Former Oklahoma coach
Mark Stoops - Kentucky coach
Minnesota coach P.J. Fleck - Minnesota coach
Other potential replacement considerations:
Bill Clark would be a solid hire. Norvell is a question mark. He seems to do well with the talent he has, but can he recruit toe to toe with the SEC West? There is also the issue of his players seem a bit thuggish. There was a reason why several programs passed on him, but what exactly that reason is no one has publicly acknowledged. Leach, a.k.a. “The Pirate”, would be fun to watch, but would probably never win the SEC (unless we dole out a boat load of cash for a primer DC).
I’m hearing Lane Kiffen, but that would be a time bomb waiting to explode. Kiffen is like dating a super hot chick that is psychotic. At first it would be exciting, but deep down you know it is going to end and it is going to end badly.

Luke was a "solid guy". Wimmin' need to marry solid guys. Ole Miss need W's and a clean a program as we can get by with.

Luke was a "solid guy". Wimmin' need to marry solid guys. Ole Miss need W's and a clean a program as we can get by with.
I said Clark was a solid hire, not someone who you would want to play golf with. He has resurrected a program in worse shape than ours and is attainable. His teams are fundamentally sound - not something typically associated with Luke.

Sign me up for 6 years of Leach. Exciting football and he could get a defense with the talent pool in Mississippi and the surrounding states.

Sign me up for 6 years of Leach. Exciting football and he could get a defense with the talent pool in Mississippi and the surrounding states.
I like that and keep Mac on D. I think Mike runs his own O. I'm more in favor of that than the guy from LA who has HC coached just 1 year. We might get lucky like we did on Freeze but Leach is fun. DK how the alums would interface with him.

I like that and keep Mac on D. I think Mike runs his own O. I'm more in favor of that than the guy from LA who has HC coached just 1 year. We might get lucky like we did on Freeze but Leach is fun. DK how the alums would interface with him.
I don’t think he has the political savvy to navigate the press in the SEC. I like him, but I’m not sure what planet he is from.

Long shot but I think he could get us some entertaining games and win a lot of games. It’s gonna take outside the box thinking and he is certainly that!

My drawback to Napier is he been HC 1 year and his record is based on the guy before him's recruiting. i.e. Oregon Nutt

Leach is not coming to Olemiss. Get that out of your heads.. .

His name comes up for every job that comes open and everytime we're looking for a new coach... He's not coming...

I have to agree Leach won't come. He's a bit like Orgeron and you know how awful he is. If you don't fit in we don't care how good a coach you are.

Reactions: demon90
Not sure if leach’ philosophy of all offense and little D works in the SEC

that being said, with all the offense, and his personality.....good and bad.....ole miss football would at least be entertaining again.....

the last few years ole miss football has been bad....but worse than that, it’s boring

I doubt Norvell will come here, but I think most would be happy with the hire. Mind you if it meant remaining in Memphis long term or Oxford I know he would be backing up a uhaul to his doorstep before the ink was dry, but he may want to wait long enough for an easier path to a national championship than the SECW.

There's nothing wrong with Tallahassee and more money;<) I heard he was brushed off here when Freeze left. If so,he could harbor a slight grudge which of course $$$ usually heals.

There's nothing wrong with Tallahassee and more money;<) I heard he was brushed off here when Freeze left. If so,he could harbor a slight grudge which of course $$$ usually heals.
I don’t think Free Shoes U is as attractive as in years past. I don’t know exactly what the trouble is there, but everyone keeps talking how much of a mess it is. One thing is certain - if he doesn’t produce quickly the rabble that is the Seminole fan base will crucify him. His path to a title is much easier seeing FSU only has one team on their schedule.

If we hired Saban, next year would still be gruesome for a w/l standpoint. It looks grim but with fresh blood we can muster some hope to cope.

If we hired Saban, next year would still be gruesome for a w/l standpoint. It looks grim but with fresh blood we can muster some hope to cope.

You would be amazed at what a"real"coach could do. A "real" coach would have us back in the cotton bowl in 4 years.

Yep he’s history and i’m so glad i don’t have to listen to “ HEY HEY HEY HEY” again and i don't have to watch his fat ass walk our sideline.

Reactions: 10 Htownrebs
That "no confidence" look he had mad me want to puke. Like the song says,"thank God and Greyhound he's gone".

ADVERTISEMENT