ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Luke

Sep 21, 2019
Anyone that thinks he is a head coach needs their head examined. This guy has no intensity or fire.
He should be in people's asses on the side line. Bring those 2 failed head coaches we call OC and DC need to be down on the sideline and Luke needs to be in their grills also.
Have you ever seen Luke ever get in a players or coaches ass? He walks down the side like a deer in the headlights with his hands behind his back.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fishing123
Anyone that thinks he is a head coach needs their head examined. This guy has no intensity or fire.
He should be in people's asses on the side line. Bring those 2 failed headed coaches we call OC and DC need to be down on the sideline and Luke needs to be in their grills also.
Have you ever seen Luke ever get in a players or coaches ass? He walks down the side like a dear in the headlights with his hands behind his back.
I don’t disagree with your points.......the one advantage he has is that he was willing to take the job.........

Finding someone to replace him would not be easy

Reactions: poley1
We were paying Freeze 5 mil a year. Plenty of coaches will come here.
Really? Why do you think Luke is here?

Bjork spent huge bux on a “coaching search”....found no takers and to settle for Luke........

Besides with tickets sales down, donations down, and budgets slashed.....that kind of money might not be available anymore.....

Bjork spent huge bux on a “coaching search”....found no takers and to settle for Luke........

Besides with tickets sales down, donations down, and budgets slashed.....that kind of money might not be available anymore.....

That was 2 years ago. Don't kind yourself, plenty of coaches would come to Ole Miss.

Plenty ....and quality....are two different things.....yes....there are probably a lot of guys in lesser conferences who would......not going to get a quality power 5 guy with options...

Good discussion.....but, Luke is coming back......

If Barksdale comes in as Chancellor, he has the ability to turn our sinking ship. It's going to need to start from the top. Luke will eventiually be fired.

Luke blew 2 time outs earlier that they needed, brought the new 1st string QB in the game way to late, etc, etc, etc, etc, Fire Luke before he leaves the field !!!!!!

Last edited:
Corral started struggling in the middle of the 2nd qtr. Any true head coach would have pulled him and gave another qb a chance. He didn’t give Plumlee enough time.

Last edited:
Corral was having a bad day. Low and behind passes but he WAS under pressure most of the time. Our D, or lack thereof, was the culprit. Barbers had days to make a play under zero pressure. The D-backs make one int bit other than that PITIFUL COVERAGE AND NO TACKLING. That's it in a nutshell.

Bjork screwed up the investigation and the coaching search. The litmus test for the new AD will be the HC hire after Luke. He has lost the fan base and has a steep uphill climb to get it back. Money issues or not unless something drastically changes he will not make it another year.

Bjork screwed up the investigation and the coaching search. The litmus test for the new AD will be the HC hire after Luke. He has lost the fan base and has a steep uphill climb to get it back. Money issues or not unless something drastically changes he will not make it another year.
Yes

He jumps around the sideline like a clueless clucking chicken in his light blue mu-mu.
But in all seriousness, the poor dude is completely incompetent. He wasn't a good OL coach (people were constantly calling for him to be replaced) and is in way over his head as head coach. As for Bjork, he was just a bean-counting talking suit who had no interest in making quality hires. In every head coach hiring decision he made at Ole Miss in every sport, all he did was take the easiest and most convenient candidate.

Corral started struggling in the middle of the 2nd qtr. Any true head coach would have pulled him and gave another qb a chance. He didn’t give Plumlee enough time.

Shades of Cutcliffe. Cutcliffe pulled the same shit. Remember when he benched Eli for an entire season in favor of an inferior senior? Eli came off the bench in the Music City Bowl when we were down several scores and almost led a comeback but Butcliffe waited too long to put him in.

Shades of Cutcliffe. Cutcliffe pulled the same shit. Remember when he benched Eli for an entire season in favor of an inferior senior? Eli came off the bench in the Music City Bowl when we were down several scores and almost led a comeback but Butcliffe waited too long to put him in.
I imagine that was due to the desire to appease those who would call racism for pulling Spurlock and putting Eli in. OM has become a cowering limp noodle when it comes to what anyone thinks in the media or NYC. Pitiful.

What search? He didn't even conduct a search. He just promoted his incompetent OL coach to head coach.
Actually he did....he hired Turnkey Search in 17.....several hundred thousand dollars later........he hired Luke....

Some of that money wasted was mine......

Well at least they tried to get some input from an expert......

The next coach will probably be chosen by the children.......it seems they are running the University these days.....

The next coach will probably be chosen by the children.......it seems they are running the University these days.....
instead of input we got $700,000 outgo so it was reported. So sad to see total lack of self confidence.

I imagine that was due to the desire to appease those who would call racism for pulling Spurlock and putting Eli in. OM has become a cowering limp noodle when it comes to what anyone thinks in the media or NYC. Pitiful.
I believe it was Romero Miller that played his Senior year over a RS frosh Eli.

I think that's why the Mannings like Cut so much. He does as they say. He was a lazy towel buy fro Bama and that's all he ever will be.

Amen to this post. You hit the nail on the HEAD .

If they want to keep their job they will go out and get the coach from UAB or someone who can rekindle the fan base’s interest. Much more than this and there won’t be a fan base left.

I realize that Luke had an uphill climb when he took the job, but so did Wingnut and Freeze. I realize the SEC is different from what it was then, but I think either of the two would have faired better than Luke. I think he’s a more genuine person than those two, but I don’t think he has the personality or toolset to get us there.

Wingnut and Freeze were water walkers! We need another asap.

Wingnut and Freeze were water walkers! We need another asap.
What we need is some dude that is about 4’11” that has a massive case of short man syndrome. He needs to have a chip on his shoulder the size of Everest. Luke has zero intensity.

If they want to keep their job they will go out and get the coach from UAB or someone who can rekindle the fan base’s interest. Much more than this and there won’t be a fan base left.

I realize that Luke had an uphill climb when he took the job, but so did Wingnut and Freeze. I realize the SEC is different from what it was then, but I think either of the two would have faired better than Luke. I think he’s a more genuine person than those two, but I don’t think he has the personality or toolset to get us there.

The last two chancellors did not value the football program...

They made a lot of decisions that alienated long time fans, ticket buyers and donors.....

I don’t care to debate the decisions.....the reality is that those decisions pissed off a lot of fans......and we have the empty seats and slashed budgets to prove it.....

The problems with the program are much deeper than coaching.....and they reside in the Lyceum

Don't forget Gerald let me spend a fortune in furnishing my dining room Turner. SMU friends of mine cannot stand the man.

Don't forget Gerald let me spend a fortune in furnishing my dining room Turner. SMU friends of mine cannot stand the man.
Turner was a tool for the ages. I remember him standing at the fifty yard line giving or receiving some award when everyone in Vaught Hemingway booed him at the top of their lungs. My date who was new to Mississippi looked at me and said, “He isn’t well liked is he?” I told her you don’t know the half of it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT