ADVERTISEMENT

Ole Miss vs. TCU: Peach Bowl Statistical Preview

rebmeister

All America Prospect
Feb 11, 2005
Jackson, MS
The 2014 Chick-Fil-A Peach Bowl between No. 6 TCU (11-1, 8-1 Big 12) and No. 9 Ole Miss (9-3, 5-3 SEC) is one of the most anticipated games of the bowl season. As a matter of fact, SB Nation named it the most watchable of the 38 bowls.
As you've probably heard by now, the game pits one of the most prolific offenses in the country against of the nation's stingiest defenses. Robert Nkemdiche and the rest of the Rebels' Landshark defense have allowed on average fewer than 14 points per game.
But let's go a bit beyond that. Using advanced metrics, we'll take an in-depth look at what the numbers say about this highly-anticipated matchup.

A good look at the resumes of both schools.
Link:

http://www.redcuprebellion.com/2014/12/24/7444817/tcu-ole-miss-peach-bowl-2014-preview-stats

TCU's offensive numbers are skewed higher by playing teams like Iowa St, SMU, Texas Tech, along with several other marginal Big 12 teams. Ole Miss' defense was consistent, giving up the fewest points per game, nationally, while playing in the SEC West.

This game reminds me of the 2009 Cotton Bowl where Ole Miss (8-4) was matched against a top ten Texas Tech (11-1) and all I heard leading up to the game was Graham Harrell and Crabtree and Texas Tech offense, ad nauseam. TX Tech was favored by 4 1/2 and lost to Ole Miss 47-34...And Ole Miss has 10 times the number of athletes on it's roster than it did in 2008.

If Coach Freeze is as offensively creative as he was in the Egg Bowl, Ole Miss will win. TCU has not seen a D all season like they will see against Ole Miss.

37-30 Ole Miss.

Forget the stats Ole Miss should win by at least 10-14 points. TCU hasn't seen a defense like Ole Miss in forever. If the Rebs take care of the football and play smart I think they win.

TCU is a great team but I think the speed advantage is with Ole Miss. Pulling for you Rebs, bring it home for the SEC.

Originally posted by littleton tiger:

Forget the stats Ole Miss should win by at least 10-14 points. TCU hasn't seen a defense like Ole Miss in forever. If the Rebs take care of the football and play smart I think they win.
Actually it looks as if ole miss hasnt seen an offense in forever...... and since the SEC has very few good QBs its probably true

and this team beat alabama? tcu will have to put on the breaks to not his 50 in this game. what a mismatch.

Blame the media (and a few fans) who raved for weeks about the Ole Miss Defense and the TCU offense.....when TCU has been a defensive powerhouse for years.....kids on D (and Patterson) heard more than they wanted about the Landsharks and took it out on a game bunch of Rebels today.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT