ADVERTISEMENT

Random thoughts from a SC fan after my first game at Ole Miss.

Dec 14, 2004
Not that anybody cares, but for the few who do:

Great campus. The Grove was awesome and everything I heard it would be. Very cool! I had to park a good ways away but we showed up later than we thought so that was on us.

Ole Miss fans were very nice and hospitable. Only had one drunk Ole Miss fan be a punk and it was pretty funny. He was walking behind us after the game and said, "Well, at least I don't live in South Carolina. A looooot of lesbians in South Carolina!" Lol! struck me as gloriously random and funny. Actually, the biggest jerk moment I saw was a SC fan running his mouth to one of your fans at halftime. Seemed completely unnecessary and, again, appeared to be fueled by too much to drink. A few in every crowd, I guess.

Really liked your stadium. It was a little bit smaller than I thought but was cool. Very much enjoyed the band playing, "I Saw the Light."

Enjoyed the various military honors throughout the game.

The game was a mess. Non-existent defenses with two average teams. On the other hand, a lot of big offenses plays, so that was exciting.

Anyway, I know you guys are frustrated. Most SC fans are as well.

Wish all of you guys well! Enjoyed our time in Oxford.

Not that anybody cares, but for the few who do:

Great campus. The Grove was awesome and everything I heard it would be. Very cool! I had to park a good ways away but we showed up later than we thought so that was on us.

Ole Miss fans were very nice and hospitable. Only had one drunk Ole Miss fan be a punk and it was pretty funny. He was walking behind us after the game and said, "Well, at least I don't live in South Carolina. A looooot of lesbians in South Carolina!" Lol! struck me as gloriously random and funny. Actually, the biggest jerk moment I saw was a SC fan running his mouth to one of your fans at halftime. Seemed completely unnecessary and, again, appeared to be fueled by too much to drink. A few in every crowd, I guess.

Really liked your stadium. It was a little bit smaller than I thought but was cool. Very much enjoyed the band playing, "I Saw the Light."

Enjoyed the various military honors throughout the game.

The game was a mess. Non-existent defenses with two average teams. On the other hand, a lot of big offenses plays, so that was exciting.

Anyway, I know you guys are frustrated. Most SC fans are as well.

Wish all of you guys well! Enjoyed our time in Oxford.
Glad you had a good time. I just wish there had been more riding on the game. The Rebel Nation is in a state of morning which cannot help but dampen the atmosphere.

Reactions: horn65
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT