ADVERTISEMENT

BASEBALL: Regarding the question about Hunter Elliott

Chase Parham

RebelGrove.com Editor
Staff
May 11, 2009
I figure it's easier to just pull it out into a separate thread.

I've heard from multiple people that Hunter Elliott has felt something in his left elbow the last few days. He was fine on Friday in the game and didn't feel any discomfort at all. I say "felt something" because I don't know what word to use and don't know specifics. I don't think it was pain, just different than normal.

I've heard they've done medical imaging (I assume MRI) of the elbow. I asked Ole Miss for a comment or clarification this morning, and they said Mike will comment following the game tonight. I don't know whether to read into that or not. I've been working on it, but I was trying to have a little more specificity before I freaked everyone out.

From what I've gathered, there wasn't some full-blown obvious tear that could be seen from a mile away. The truth is every pitcher has some stuff going on in his elbow if you image it. It's why guys fall in the draft from medicals. I truly don't know the severity right now. If I hear more I'll let you know. But, either way, yes something is going on, and I don't anticipate anything coming out of Ole Miss before tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.