ADVERTISEMENT

South Carolina fan

Aug 16, 2006
Hello Rebels,
My Dad and I will be traveling from Charleston SC to Memphis for the Carolina/Ole Miss game and had a few questions. We are coming in from Memphis on a Gamecock party bus and will have a designated spot in the Grove. Can we walk from the Grove to the stadium with open containers? How easy is it to sneak liquor into the stadium? Thanks and I look forward to exploring all that Ole Memphis has to offer!

Hello Rebels,
My Dad and I will be traveling from Charleston SC to Memphis for the Carolina/Ole Miss game and had a few questions. We are coming in from Memphis on a Gamecock party bus and will have a designated spot in the Grove. Can we walk from the Grove to the stadium with open containers? How easy is it to sneak liquor into the stadium? Thanks and I look forward to exploring all that Ole Memphis has to offer!

Be sure to lock your cars and conceal carry.

Hello Rebels,
The most important rules regarding drinking in the Grove are be discrete and keep in cup. You can’t technically even have beer on campus, even if of legal age, but in my experience you won’t be hassled unless drawing attention. Just keep in cup. Same with liquor; though legal, keep out of sight and drink from cup. But you can walk around to you heart’s delight assuming in a cup. I haven’t attended a game this year, and there have been reports of overzealous security overreaching, so take that for what’s its worth.

As for sneaking in, they are fairly lax on checking you unless a student, again, in my experience. Discretion rule applies once in stadium.

Reactions: CharlestonCocknFire
As someone stated earlier about beer, make sure when you’re bringing beer to the grove to have it concealed in a cooler. If the police see it when you walk in they will make you pour it out

Reactions: CharlestonCocknFire
Guys - another gamecock fan here. Where should I park if driving down from Memphis? Are there shuttles going to and from the high school?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT