ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday morning thoughts- it’s gonna be ok.

whreb

All America Prospect
Gold Member
Oct 16, 2018
Bham, AL
Kentucky is a good football team. Think it’s safe to say South Carolina game for them was the outlier. They were a questionable overturned pick 6 away from beating UGA who we all know doesn’t suck. I don’t say that to spin anything. We were favored by -17.5 for a reason. That loss hurt

They hardly made any mistakes yesterday. No turnovers and were very balanced. Dominated the Time of Possession. They played better and we still had chances.

Got to find ways to run the football. Before anyone says anything there is a reason Bentley isn’t in there. Not just pass protection. He put on some weight pretty noticeably this spring/summer and lost a lot of that explosiveness. Also felt like we didn’t push the ball down the field at all either. Just lacked any rhythm (hat tip Mark Stoops)

As for next week. Fully expect and embrace it’s going to be a close game. It’s going to be tough stylistically but I fully expect them to answer the bell. I refuse to believe these senior leaders will let the team stay on the mat. Take an ugly win and move to next and just keep improving.

This September 28th team is not a title team. But the pieces are all still there to be. Everything is still out in front of this team. Hopefully this early season L will be looked back upon when they hit it to the next gear

Reactions: bumper jack
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.