Shea Patterson, QB% (Michigan)

Van Jefferson, WR (Florida)

Deontay Anderson, DB (Houston)

Breon Dixon, DB (Nebraska)

Jack DeFoor, OL (Georgia Tech)

Tre Nixon, WR (UCF)

Jarrion Street, LB (UAB)

Jalen Julius, DB (Undecided)

The best part about this all is that there is no hard evidence that the NCAA is going to let any of them play next year unless they are going to be a senior. They will have to apply for a waiver and we no how willing the NCAA is to let that happen.

I'm of the opinion that the ncaa will do whatever they can to hurt us. Transferring is becoming too fashionable to suit me.

We won’t miss any of the ones who transferred including Patterson
Yeah, the Patterson thing could have gotten disruptive if it were close and it appears it is talent wise. I'm neither happy or sad about it all.

Yeah, the Patterson thing could have gotten disruptive if it were close and it appears it is talent wise. I'm neither happy or sad about it all.
Let's see, hmmm, with Patterson behind center we put up a lot of yards, but lost. Without Patterson we put up a lot of yards and won. I think Patterson leaving is a good thing. If he stayed we probably would not have gotten Corral and he would have left after next year anyway. Don't get me started about his father the drama queen.

Reactions: rebelgal
Let's see, hmmm, with Patterson behind center we put up a lot of yards, but lost. Without Patterson we put up a lot of yards and won. I think Patterson leaving is a good thing. If he stayed we probably would not have gotten Corral and he would have left after next year anyway. Don't get me started about his father the drama queen.
The majority of the yards he put up were against the sisters of the poor. He never proved he could hang in the pocket against the likes of AL and LSU. He looked lost in those games any way you slice it. It's not hard to figure out how he got his yards.

Most of the players who transferred were not productive contributors. They did not want to be at Ole Miss, so why force them to stay? Their unfavorable attitudes would have possibly spread to other players. With these players leaving, Ole Miss now has scholarships to offer players who want to be on the team.

There is no doubt that Patterson is a talented QB and gifted athlete, but if he had stayed, there would be the chance that Ta'amu might have been the starter. Patterson was easily rattled and the offense seemed to be more coherent when Ta'amu was the QB. In the past, Patterson has a tendency to transfer when things are not what he expected. Additionally, his father was very demanding and did not like the notoriety and positive comments given to Ta'amu when he took over the role of Ole Miss QB.

Many of these transfers may have some good seasons at another school, but only Patterson is playing at a school where the competition is almost equivalent to the SEC West. At Michigan, Patterson may find things not as rosy as he expected when he has to deal with Harbough and the fanatic Michigan fans. Jefferson most likely will need to develop good downfield blocking skills since Mullens is so adamant about having a running QB.

It will be interesting to see how these transfers affect the Ole Miss football team. Most likely their impact on exiting from the team will be minimal.

Last edited:
The best part about this all is that there is no hard evidence that the NCAA is going to let any of them play next year unless they are going to be a senior. They will have to apply for a waiver and we no how willing the NCAA is to let that happen.
This Michigan State mess has got the NCAA in a pickle. They are more worried about themselves than us.

Last edited:

Most of the players who transferred were not productive contributors. They did not want to be at Ole Miss, so why force them to stay? Their unfavorable attitudes would have possibly spread to other players. With these players leaving, Ole Miss now has scholarships to offer players who want to be on the team.

There is no doubt that Patterson is a talented QB and gifted athlete, but if he had stayed, there would be the chance that Ta'amu might have been the starter. Patterson was easily rattled and the offense seemed to be more coherent when Ta'amu was the QB. In the past, Patterson has a tendency to transfer when things are not what he expected. Additionally, his father was very demanding and did not like the notoriety and positive comments given to Ta'amu when he took over the role of Ole Miss QB.

Many of these transfers may have some good seasons at another school, but only Patterson is playing at a school where the competition is almost equivalent to the SEC West. At Michigan, Patterson may find things not as rosy as he expected when he has to deal with Harbough and the fanatic Michigan fans. Jefferson most likely will need to develop good downfield blocking skills since Mullens is so adamant about having a running QB.

It will be interesting to see how these transfers affect the Ole Miss football team. Most likely their impact on exiting from the team will be minimal.
If Patterson had not left we would not have gotten Corral. Corral has more upside.

If Patterson had not left we would not have gotten Corral. Corral has more upside.
Ranch do you think that our defense is going to be better this year?

Hopefully Corral will not have a demanding psychotic Father who tries to be an arm chair coach and dictate team policy.

Until Ranch gets to you, I'lll suggest we can't be worse. I walked out of the last couple minutes vs Ark. That was predictable from the start of the 4th qtr.

Wonder what the rules are on fans transferring? I saw some chatter on McDowell leaving but then never anything official. Time will tell I presume.

Why don't we have a bet in 2 years when he starts vs the Stankyville buttsniffers. You might be out of kindergarten by then Dumbasshole.

I think the year of experience will help the returning players. I hope our LBers play better. I think our new LB coach will be a plus.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT