ADVERTISEMENT

While disappointed, the season isn't over.

independencebowlmainstay

All-Pro NFL
Gold Member
Jan 11, 2006
Find a way to win these next two and you are on schedule still. Come back after the break beat Oklahoma and Arkansas who's not great by any means, and UGA is beatable. Much rather have them than TX or Bama at this point.

We need Jaxson to be much better, and he's got to hit the deep ball. It's always been an issue no matter how some here want to spin it, and it was bad yesterday. I know the OL was below average, but he can't live and die with only throwing the ball to Tre.

Lane has to get the offense playing better. I don't know if he or Weis calls plays, but if it's not him and that was Weis yesterday, then Lane needs to take that over. Yesterday's playcalling was an abomination.

I thought the defense played great for being on the field for 40 minutes of the game. They gave up under 4.5/YPP which is plenty good enough to win, and they gave up 20 points. If you have an elite offensive mind as HC, and a Heisman contender at QB, you have to find a way to score 21 at home.

On the defensive side, I was disappointed we didn't do something much earlier to take Key out of the game. My son who is 13 saw it and said "why aren't we double covering that guy".

All it all, it sucks to lose. Now you have to be super clean the rest of the year. There's almost no margin for error, but it's on them to get it done.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.