#158 Quincy Adeboyejo Ole Miss 581
#178 Cody Core Ole Miss 553

Total Offense
#8 Southern Miss 6418yds
#11 Ole Miss 6177

Total Defense
#36 Southern Miss 4212yds allowed
#61 Ole Miss 4650

Congrats to Southen Miss getting back to their winning ways! Hope they find a way into the AAC where competition is far above where they are now. Not a strong Defensive league CUSA.

Would love to compete against Houston and Memphis again. Any guess about Ole Miss opponent in Sugar Bowl?

Regular Season Stats 2015

Passing
#6 Nick Mullens Southern Miss 3964yds
#9 Chad Kelly Ole Miss 3740

Rushing
#40 Jalen Richard Southern Miss 1065yds
#49 Ito Smith Southern Miss 983
#120 Jaylen Walton Ole Miss 690

Receiving
#19 Michael Thomas Southern Miss 1111yds
#22 Laquon Treadwell Ole Miss 1082
#54 Casey Martin Southern Miss 819
#81 D.J. Thompson Southern Miss 729

Total Offense
#8 Southern Miss 6418yds
#11 Ole Miss 6177

Total Defense
#61 Ole Miss 4650

It will be interesting when Southern Miss does this with an SEC schedule. Against C-USA, not so much.

You have a point. But you did pad the stats a little with UT Martin, Fresno State, New Mexico State, and Vanderbilt.

Not as much as people want to believe. With the out of conference games, our starters were pulled at half time or at the latest midway through the third quarter. I'm not sure we padded any stats against Vandy as they were strong defensively.

Troll job? I have degrees from the University of Southern Mississippi and the University of Mississippi. I did not draw any conclusions, just posted raw stats from ESPN site. I am pleased with the season that Southern Miss has produced as I'm sure that you are with Reb's season.

You can't compare mullens statics with chad Kelly .Chad plays in sec mullens plays in C- USA . Mullens would not have half as much if he played in the Sec.

Whether Mullens played in a lesser conference or not, remember they did play State and Nebraska. How did he do in those two games? I am happy the State of Mississippi had two in the top ten in a couple of stats.

You can't compare mullens statics with chad Kelly .Chad plays in sec mullens plays in C- USA . Mullens would not have half as much if he played in the Sec.
Against Mississippi State: Nick Mullens 30-44 311yds 1 TD 2 Int
Against Nebraska: Nick Mullens 26-41 447yds 2 TD

QBR? Are you kidding me? The most worthless stat ever created to make Manziel look good. It is computed using 6 completely subjective numbers. What I'm seeing on ESPN stats are QB ratings: Mullens 159.3 Kelly 154.4

Please click on the link I provided. Total QBR is the column on the far right. your comparison of a CUSA player's stats to a SEC player's stats is absurd when one considers the level of competition each player must face. Epitome of an apples to oranges comparison...And still, with the more difficult path, Kelly grades out higher than Mullens. Considerably higher.

Passing

Here are the stats that matter when comparing Apples (Chad Kelly) to Kumquats (Nick Mullen).

Chad Kelly's numbers in the toughest conference in NCAA:

Category: SEC RANK, NCAA RANK, Total

Passing Yards: First, 9th, 3,740

Passing Yards per game: First, 10th, 311.7

Points Responsible For: First, 9th, 222

Total Offense: First, 6th, 347.3

Pass Efficiency: Second, 17th, 154.4 rating

Passing Touchdowns: Second, 12th, 27

Completion Percentage: Third, 19th, 65.2

Yards Per Completion: Fourth, 28th, 13.50

Troll job? I have degrees from the University of Southern Mississippi and the University of Mississippi. I did not draw any conclusions, just posted raw stats from ESPN site. I am pleased with the season that Southern Miss has produced as I'm sure that you are with Reb's season.
What's this troll stuff? I'm proud of USM, yet I am an Ole Miss grad. In fact, all the major Mississippi schools were successful, and that's great! Great for our state, too, as it sets a reputation that we play good football and bring in thousands of fans (prediction-USM is up and coming) and that we are not a boring state where nothing happens. But why is it so easy to point fingers at someone and accuse them of being trolls? Maybe I'm naive, but I highly doubt someone would waste their time just simply posting about football for nefarious reasons.

What's this troll stuff? Maybe I'm naive, but I highly doubt someone would waste their time just simply posting about football for nefarious reasons.

That's the motivation for like 75% of message board posts...

Passing

Rushing
#40 Jalen Richard Southern Miss 1065yds
#49 Ito Smith Southern Miss 983
#120 Jaylen Walton Ole Miss 690

Receiving
#19 Michael Thomas Southern Miss 1111yds
#22 Laquon Treadwell Ole Miss 1082
#54 Casey Martin Southern Miss 819
#81 D.J. Thompson Southern Miss 729

Total Offense
#8 Southern Miss 6418yds
#11 Ole Miss 6177

Total Defense
#61 Ole Miss 4650

Some better stats:
Let me understand this...

Ole Miss “padded” their stats with games against

7-5 Ohio Valley Conference UT – Martin
3-9 Sunbelt Conference New Mexico State
3-9 Mountain West Conference Fresno State and
4-8 SEC Vanderbilt (thrown in as a bonus)

While USM did NOT “pad” their stats with games against

0-11 Ohio Valley Conference Austin Peay
3-9 Sunbelt Conference Texas State and
6 Conference-USA teams with losing records (1-11,2-10,3-9, 3 at 5-7)

9 Ole Miss opponents have winning records
8 Ole Miss opponents are going to Bowls

9 USM opponents have losing records

One other thought...

Beating MS State at Starkville is greater than losing to MS ST at home

You might as well find the high school with the best stats in the nation and throw their stats out there for comparison since it would be just as meaningful.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT