ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone dealt with a neighbor’s barking dog?

Daviskenn

All-Pro NFL
Gold Member
Dec 14, 2005
Had a family move in next door about two months ago. We’ve waved, but none of the other neighbors or my wife and I have met any of them. They have a German Shepherd and a tiny dog that I think is actually a 130db squeaky toy.

I love dogs. Have two beagles of my own. We’ve had several neighbors in that house that had dogs but it’s been nothing like this. This ****ing Shepherd starts barking as early as 5:45 a few mornings. They throw him outside and I don’t think he goes in all day. Actually, feel sorry for him because I think he’s just lonely as hell. He sounds like a freaking 900 lbs dog. He barks constantly. You would think the little one couldn’t be louder, but he just might be…but they keep it inside most of the time.
I seriously don’t mind some barking. Hey - I understand - and don’t expect them to be quiet all the time. BUT I expect you to give a damn. I expect you to be considerate to your neighbors. I expect you outside shutting them up. But nothing. Never once seen anyone tell him to be quiet. Now - I have. I’ve started screaming at it hoping they will get the hint.

I know I’m just going to have to go over and knock on the door, but I’m a little worried how I’m going to react if they try to blow the whole thing off. I don’t want to be contentious - but I can’t say I’m not pissed at their utter lack of giving a shit.

I’ve complained to the HOA. Several people have…and I think they sent some strongly worded letters lol. Besides poison wieners, what are my options here?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News