ADVERTISEMENT

As to the game against Maryland

HightowerReb

Special Teams Stud
Aug 10, 2005
I hope this is a good thing. We shall see.

L.A. Regional: Terps' Head Coach Suspended
6_3628422.jpg

Maryland head coach John Szefc won't coach against Ole Miss on Friday. (Photo: USA TODAY Sports)
Maryland won’t have its head coach when the Terps face Ole Miss on Friday in the opening game of the NCAA Tournament’s Los Angeles Regional.

The school announced Wednesday that coach John Szefc has been suspended for two games by the NCAA. The suspension is the result of Szefc being ejected during the top of the seventh inning of the Big 10 Tournament championship game last Sunday. Maryland lost that game, 4-3, to Michigan.

“I apologize for my actions during Sunday’s game and I regret that I won’t be able to lead the team at the start of regionals,” Szefc said in a statement released by the school.

“I take full responsibility for my behavior and will accept the two-game suspension. Though I’m disappointed I won’t be in the dugout for our next two games, I’m confident that Jim and our staff will have our team well prepared.”

Maryland assistant Jim Belanger will assume head coaching duties in Szefc's absence.

Ole Miss and Maryland meet at 6 p.m. CT Friday.

I hope this is a good thing. We shall see.

L.A. Regional: Terps' Head Coach Suspended

6_3628422.jpg

Maryland head coach John Szefc won't coach against Ole Miss on Friday. (Photo: USA TODAY Sports)
Maryland won’t have its head coach when the Terps face Ole Miss on Friday in the opening game of the NCAA Tournament’s Los Angeles Regional.

The school announced Wednesday that coach John Szefc has been suspended for two games by the NCAA. The suspension is the result of Szefc being ejected during the top of the seventh inning of the Big 10 Tournament championship game last Sunday. Maryland lost that game, 4-3, to Michigan.

“I apologize for my actions during Sunday’s game and I regret that I won’t be able to lead the team at the start of regionals,” Szefc said in a statement released by the school.

“I take full responsibility for my behavior and will accept the two-game suspension. Though I’m disappointed I won’t be in the dugout for our next two games, I’m confident that Jim and our staff will have our team well prepared.”

Maryland assistant Jim Belanger will assume head coaching duties in Szefc's absence.

Ole Miss and Maryland meet at 6 p.m. CT Friday.
Catch :baseball: the game on ESPN3/WatchESPN at 6pm tonight. http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index

Sorry for your loss. You guys deserve better than you're getting in baseball. Time for a coaching change or a staff shake up?

Sorry for your loss. You guys deserve better than you're getting in baseball. Time for a coaching change or a staff shake up?

Coaching change? Coach Bianco is one of the best coaches in the SEC. Why would we want to change. This time last year, the Rebels were on the path to Omaha and ended up ranked #3 in the nation. We lost several key players from that CWS team. The 2016 class is going to be very very good.
If littleton tiger is an LSU fan, then enjoy your time in the sun this year. Good luck to all the SEC teams!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT