ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN has us in Citrus versus Iowa with Mizzou in the Cotton/Peach Mizzou #11/OM #13 in AP

wallstreetrebel

Second Team QB
Gold Member
Aug 23, 2004
Schlabach: Ole Miss' postseason hopes took a big blow with its 35-point loss at Georgia on Saturday night. The Rebels have a couple of good wins over Tulane and LSU, but will that be enough to get them past Penn State and others for perhaps the final spot in a New Year's Six bowl game? Ole Miss closes the regular season against UL-Monroe at home and at Mississippi State in the Egg Bowl. The CFP selection committee might not want to put four SEC teams in the CFP and New Year's Six games, and Georgia, Alabama and Missouri seem pretty safe, barring an upset. Ole Miss could end up playing the fourth-best team from the Big Ten -- Iowa -- in the Citrus Bowl. Offense vs. defense. Lane Kiffin vs. Kirk Ferentz. Does it get any more different than that?

I know many here did not expect us to fall that far, but this is exactly what I was expecting, we will see if the Committee agrees. Personally, I am OK with this, Iowa is one team we should be able to stop, everyone else does LOL. Just get to 11 any way you can.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News