ADVERTISEMENT

Few thoughts from Saturday

rebelotis123

Five-Star Prospect
Gold Member
Oct 19, 2011
1. Jaxson Dart was extremely tough last year physically. I think he struggled mentally at times on the field. You could tell he knew where to go with the ball Saturday. I also think this QB battle / Sanders deal has improved his mentality off the field. He showed a little immaturity when he wasn’t publicly named the starter, but his change mentally I think will serve himself and the team well this year. I give him a lot of credit for how he has handled this whole team. Let’s hope he plays the rest of the year like he played Saturday.

2. Spencer sanders also did some really good things and throws a beautiful deep ball. A lot of ink has to been spilled discussing why he made the decision to come here and why he did. The bottom line is that if Jaxson goes down, I have full confidence he can win games for us, if needed, as long as he stays engaged.

3. Walker Howard was also impressive in his time and he seemed to be fully engaged.

4. Tre Harris is WR1 and we need him to stay healthy. No, he doesn’t have breakaway speed, but against big SEC DBs being able to break press man and go up and beat a Db for a ball is important.

5. Jordan Watkins is a mismatch we should be able to exploit all year. He is underrated by our fan base.

6. I hope Wolfe can get back soon. It was nice to see him out there and he can help us.

7. I know we have some DL depth, but I would put Jamarious Brown in the rotation. If he gets SEC experience this year and has a year in the weight room, he will be a force. He is quick twitch and strong for his age.

8. Really happy with Ivey, Zxavian Harris , Wynn, Reggie Hughes and Akelo Stone. I would like to see more out of Ukwu, Cedric , and Josh Harris.

9. Obviously, Get is going to be a super star in this league. Kiffin brought it up today, but I saw it live that he was the block that sprung the punt return. He is a kid who loves football and did everything for his high school team. A lot of 5 star kids would think they are too good for special teams, but he doesn’t.

10. Tackling was good in the secondary for an opening game. They will be tested this week and it’ll be interesting to see how we respond.

11. It’s been said several times in different places that this team doesn’t have a ton of star power, but has a really talented 2 deep. This is the deepest roster in we have had since 2015 and the West is gettable. We need to get it done.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News