ADVERTISEMENT

Guy in the beer line Saturday

pcrebel

SEC Player of the Year
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2004
Memphis, TN
With 46 seconds left in the 3rd quarter, there was a TV timeout. Despite all the beer and bourbon back at the tent, I asked my wife is she wanted another Truly while I got a beer. She said yes! I raced down and got in line in the SEZ. I started talking the dude in front of me about the state of the game at that point. He was wearing an Ole Miss sweatshirt. He said he can’t believe people aren’t fighting each other in the stands. I asked what he meant. He said back home in Iowa, people would be fighting in the stands. As a day one podcast listener of what became OEP and MPW, I immediately asked “are you from Dubuque?!?” Hell, I might have shouted that question. He said “no, I’m from Des Moines.” I realized he wasn’t our friend from Dubuque who is always mentioned on the pod. So I asked why he was at this game in Ole Miss clothes. He said the Grove was a bucket list destination for him and he always wanted to come down. I said “well we are happy you are here. And you know there is more partying to be had in the Grove after the game.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News