ADVERTISEMENT

Guys, Start Rubbing Your Lucky Rabbit's Foot....

wpman1

All-Pro NFL
Gold Member
Oct 12, 2002
Being a longtime coast guy, I spend time watching tropical forecasting because of hurricane concerns.

I'm constantly checking on systems which could impact the coast, especially my part of Biloxi.

I see there's a computer model which has a potential tropical depression/storm moving through NOLA the Tulane weekend...late Friday and into Saturday.

Here's a screen snag of the system. They're showing a barometric pressure of 998. The system would move close to the Houston area, but the storm bands would easily affect NOLA..

8-SEPT-FORECAST-TRACK.jpg

Lots of variables in play.. Depends on how much the high pressure heat dome which has caused record setting temps/droughts across the region moves easterly and/or northerly..

As for the system, #10, which is currently off the Yucatan Peninsula, it's hard to get an exact fix on its track... Models suggest it could make landfall in the Big Bend/Apalachee Bay area of Florida. It will be a Cat 2 hurricane, possibly Cat 3.. We'll know more tomorrow. Models suggest Idalia would be pulled on a NE track thanks to the high pressure dome and pull by Hurricane Franklin in the Atlantic..

A screen snag of Idalia and Franklin... Idalia in the Apalachicola area:

IDALIA-AND-FRANKLIN.jpg

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News