ADVERTISEMENT

He’s just a father that loves his son. Doesn’t matter.

JediRebel

All-Pro NFL
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2012
Kentucky Lake Tennessee
There is no need to legally prove President Joe Biden received benefits in his bribery case, says Rep. Andy Biggs, R-Ariz.
"I think it's important to understand that one of the things that we learned is that for the legal ramifications of bribery, the court cases, the law itself does not require that Joe Biden actually receive the specific benefit," Biggs told Newsmaxon Saturday,
It's "not like where you see someone sliding an envelope of cash," he said.

"If this family is receiving benefits because they're selling access to Joe Biden, I think that's what we learned that's really the same legal significance that qualifies as a crime, and thus if you qualify [it] under a crime, that's a felony."
Biggs, a member of the Oversight and Accountability Committee and the Judiciary Committee, added, "A lot of people say that's a high crime and that warrants impeachment. So, I think that's important on the legal side."
Biggs believes the impeachment inquiry is necessary.
"The only risk we really have is by not looking into this and saying we're just going to let potentially impeachable conduct go forward," he said to Tom Basile, host of "America Right Now."
"I think we laid out a case pretty solidly that there is a link between the unethical conduct of Hunter Biden selling access influence peddling, just the generic corruption of what Hunter Biden and his associates and their whole family was receiving funding for, including Joe Biden."
"There's a whole lot of smoke here," he said. Their (Democrats) biggest question was, can you make the ultimate link? And they all agree that it looks like there's a link."
Biggs continued, "Let me tell you, I've seen cases prosecuted successfully with this type of evidence, and I think we can continue to elucidate evidence. I think we're going to show the American people, and that's the key here; a lot of people want this to be visceral and emotional, and maybe it will get that way on our side, but we're trying to actually present facts, on fact, upon fact that that you apply the law."

About NEWSMAX TV:
NEWSMAX is the fastest-growing cable news channel in America!

Jim Thomas

Jim Thomas is a writer based in Indiana. He holds a bachelor's degree in Political Science, a law degree from U.I.C. Law School, and has practiced law for more than 20 years.​

Related Stories:

© 2023 Newsmax. All rights reserved.
nm-logo-sq.gif

Receive breaking news and original analysis - sent right to your inbox.

(Optional for Local News)
Sign Me Up

Privacy: We never share your email address.

Special Links:​

Click Here to comment on this article

Around the Web​

Dr. Kellyann: Take 1 Cup Before Bed, Watch Your Body Thin Down​

Urologist: 92% of Men with ED Don't Know About This Easy Fix​

New Neuropathy Device Leaves Experts Speechless (Works Fast)​

3 Steps To Tell A Slot is Close To Hitting The Jackpot​

Take This 1 Vitamin, Watch Your Dark Spots Fade Away​

Doctor: if You Suffer from Ringing Ears. Do This Immediately!​

The Wooden Hummingbird House is Taking Illinois by Storm​

2023's Full Mouth Dental Implant Prices Unveiled: Get Informed!​

Average Cost to Rent a Private Jet May Surprise You - View Prices​

Top National Banks Offering Unbeatable Interest Rates​

Hidden Signals of Mental Health Issues [Take the Quiz]​

Joint Pain & Arthritis? Do This Immediately (It's Genius)​

Join the Newsmax Community

Read and Post Comments
Please review Community Guidelines before posting a comment.

Newsmax TV Live

Listen • ChannelsSchedule
fullscreen

On Now:10:00a ET • Sunday Report
Coming Up:12:00p ET • Sunday Agenda

Reactions: tampa_ray
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews