ADVERTISEMENT

I joined this site to learn more about the Grove Collective.

Quiet Rebel

Four-Star Prospect
Nov 13, 2022
My experience seems similar to other posters. Moderators, please feel free to edit any information I shouldn’t make public, but I think it’s fine. I’ve consistently donated roughly $5k to UMAA and $5k to PSOA on an annual basis for over a decade. I’ve probably been to 3 or 4 football games, a couple of baseball games and one basketball game in ten years due to living far away and raising a family. I say that to point out, I’ve never been a season ticket holder. I receive an acknowledgment receipt and Michael Thompson used to call and thank me and/or politely ask for more money. I haven’t received a letter, phone call or email since Keith Carter took over. That is not a complaint, but I would give more if I felt more appreciated.
I ran into Denson Hollis last spring and I told him I was interested in donating to NIL, since I don’t purchase season tickets. He introduced me to William Liston. William was exceptional. He immediately called me and explained everything he was doing and I mailed him a check for $2,500 and pledged another $2,500. I was getting weekly emails with all kind of updates and I was very excited about a lot of the ideas William had.
Then, I see on Lane Kiffin’s Twitter a post about Walker Jones taking over. I don’t know Walker, but if you’re my age, you know of him because of Pete Boone grooming him to become AD prior to his sudden departure from Under Armor. I was disappointed, but told Keith Carter made the decision. So, I gave him a shot. I emailed Walker over a month ago with a couple questions and copied William. A couple days later William responded and essentially said Walker could answer my other questions. To this day Walker has not replied and I’ve had no communication with the GC since Walker took over. Walker is also very polarizing, to say the least. Other than being friends with the Manning family, I’m not sure what else he offers considering collectives are a black box and he’s been publicly accused of fraud.
In conclusion, despite this, PLEASE donate to GC. It’s our only option, and I hope Walker just needs more time, but I agree with a lot of other posts that are skeptical. We should all be grateful for William’s contributions. We need thousands more selfless rebels like him. I’m hoping Keith can smooth over some of the skepticism some of us have regarding Walker quickly and Walker can at least meet the standards set by William, who wasn’t even a full time employee.
Hotty Toddy Let’s get this done!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News