ADVERTISEMENT

I just looked at all 14 SEC School’s NIL Collective Website (and more around the country)

Reb Talking18

All-Pro NFL
Gold Member
Sep 3, 2017
There could be a lot going on behind the scenes that the commoner is not privy to, but optics matter. Here are my takeaways:

1. There is only one school that blew me away with the presentation aspect. I’m sure this may come as a shock to many, but Georgia is absolutely killing it. Their website is phenomenal from layout to actual results. The city of Atlanta must be a tough marketing base for that bunch. (S)

2. It seems like so many of the websites just copy and past the same bland website format.
“Long-winded paragraph about what NIL Means
A graphic or two
Donate”
Some of our competitors just ask for a donation and don’t have monthly
membership feature.

2a. ‘Yea Alabama’ is one of the worst websites I came across. I’m sure they have funding for days, but the public NIL collective optics are very underwhelming

3. Here’s a big one: The merchandise (or lack thereof)
I saw almost none. I saw very few collectives with creative or unique apparel offerings. The Genteal polos and GC logo gear are really good and a competitive advantage to this point.

Main Takeaway:
There are some schools that will have more money just by existing. However, those schools aren’t outworking the Grove Collective. I contend that TGC is one of the top 10-15 collectives in the country. Not only is the website crisp, inviting, and well organized, but the merchandise and membership tiers are well positioned and
relevant. We are maximizing more than schools much larger than us at the moment and as we continue winning as a program and growing and a university, that would scare me if I were some of the competition.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News