ADVERTISEMENT

I'm A Rebel And An Aggie That Lives In College Station

Son of 44Rebel

Rookie
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2019
New York City, New York
I have watched every A&M snap this year. As you know their greatest strength is their D-Line, especially their interior D-Line, and their depth. Walter Nolan is fine and he'll play Saturday. Their best defensive player is Edgerrin Cooper, a linebacker.. Cooper is a stud, however their cornerbacks and safeties have not had a good year. They've been exploited by lesser receivers than what Ole Miss has. They also have a 5 star true freshman linebacker starting who is really good, but like any freshman he makes freshman mistakes. In NO WAY should anyone expect A&M to be like Alabama on defense, they aren't!!! As far as the A&M offense, their weakness is definitely pass blocking. They are not very good, period! They are HUGE, but they are slow and not very athletic. Yes, they have a stable of great receivers, but they haven't shown any ability to protect Max Johnson against a good pass rushing defense, and Johnson needs it because he is extremely slow a foot and he is still stumbling and bumbling Max Johnson. Other than Stewart (slot) and the tight ends, it seems like Max Johnson can't get it to anybody else. He doesn't have a great arm. Noah Turner and Moose Mohammed (deep threats) are almost non existent since Weigman got hurt. Johnson will also throw off of his back foot, and he will throw it up wildly. I expect Ole Miss to have at least 2 interceptions. Yes he's big (6'6") but his arm is not very strong and as I mentioned, he is slow! . Although Petrino is the offensive coordinator, it is obvious that Jimbo's philosophy of establishing the run first is the overall philosophy of the offense. They will come out trying to run the football. Even if they can't run, they will keep trying to pound it over and over again. This is what has the alumni so angry. It's not just the losses, it's the same old Jimbo philosophy of pound, pound, pound and wear 'em out, and get the game into the 4th quarterr. I think however it is more of Max Johnson being the quarterback rather than Weigman. Max Johnson is just not very good. He shows flashes of brilliance against weak opponents, but he can't handle pressure! Texas A&M has also started slow in every game. Unless Ole Miss is totally sleep walking Saturday morning I don't expect A&M to do anything but start out slow. As long as Ole Miss keeps the ball away from Anias Smith (just don't punt or kick it to him) and Stewart, Ole Miss should win easily. I know, I know ... you're thinking Texas A&M defense ... and all of their 5 stars ... , but honestly they just don't have the chemistry! I am an Ole Miss fan and an A&M fan, so I think I can look at this thing objectively. I'm saying Ole Miss 31 A&M 17. As far as the Red Ass A&M fans are concerned, they are really looking forward to the trip (they are bringing the full band), and they are looking forward to the Grove, but they aren't expecting much from Jimbo! Ole Miss might very well be the favorite trip for Aggie fans! They love Oxford!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News