ADVERTISEMENT

In game and stadium atmosphere MSU vs Ole Miss

rezervoir reb

All-Pro NFL
Gold Member
Apr 10, 2002
Brandon, MS
I am unfortunate to have had to attend some MSU games this fall as my son is a freshman there. Let me clarify, he's a full ride plus $4800 per semester so I am not paying a single dollar and he will be at UMMC in a few short years. He's in the Famous Maroon Band and I love him despite this choice. Now that the disclosure is out there I want to share my experience.

The tailgate at MSU pregame is fine, it's a college campus with alcohol and they have their fair share of attractive females. I see people I know and they are always very hospitable and offer free drinks. It all changes when you step into the stadium. The cowbells are f****ng awful, these dumbasses ring a cowbell for a 2 yard loss when they are on offense or any and everything else, good or bad. These dumbasses ring the cowbell when their team is on offense and it's 3rd down. The food choices are very limited as well. Overall it is a pretty poor experience for an SEC school.

Now, I was at the Vandy game last weekend as I have been trying to find a weekend we could go to a night game. Our in game and overall stadium experience is a freaking blast. I'm not sure who to give the credit to but it has come a long way. I know many surveys have been sent out and I think they are really listening to the fans. Add in that our students are showing up as well. Now they were gone after halftime against Vandy but in years past just getting them into the stadium before the 1st qtr was halfway over was a challenge.

Bottom line and I hate this to even be about them because I would love nothing more for MSU to be where USM is right now but we are light years ahead of where they are. Our games are an event and not just a football game. High chance a celebrity will be in attendance, high chance we kick someones ass and get a W and a high chance you're going to see something really cool with the LED lights, music, fireworks and whatever else.

We have truly created a really fun atmosphere and I think it's cool as hell.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News