ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL: Kiffin Monday PC quick hits

Chase Parham

RebelGrove.com Editor
Staff
May 11, 2009
Good to get back out with the guys and chance for undefeated home season. Awesome for that a senior night. Good time to be at home and get to nine wins. Excited for that to happen.

Watching the film was rough but you are what you put on film. We weren’t good and do you get up or stay down. I thought guys were good by the time they got back to the field. A lot still at stake here.

Chris Graves has done a great job and especially getting here late and being young. He took the approach seriously. It also shows our lack of depth at the position to bring him in that late and him play for you late. It says a lot about both situations.

I have a lot of respect for coach Bowden. We played him in the Boca Bowl and got to visit with him then. He did amazing things at a young age, won his first 20 at Auburn. It was so great to grow up around the game. I’m very appreciative of that and very aware of that playing a role in the opportunities I got early on.

My dad and I are very different as coaches. I try to be like him more every year. He’s great with relationships and developing guys even off the field. I was texting Sapp and Brooks about him on Saturday. He’s left a legacy and touched people. I am working on that. I have a long ways to go.

Franklin was on the trip. I don’t know the plan for him the rest of the year. It was his decision not to play. You’d have to ask him.

I’ve started conversations with the COVID guys about coming back next year. We’ll do senior night with them and then they can still come back. Then we’ll figure it out after the year.

It’s set up better this year to go after this week to the Egg Bowl. No excuse but it wasn’t ideal last year with late-night road SEC game instead of 11 a.m. at home against a different challenge of a team. We’ll get to work on Saturday after the game for the next opponent.

I’m surprised by the volatility in the profession. It’s not like it used to be. You had time to sign classes and develop them. To be let go 10 games after getting hired late, I don’t know how you get judged on that or have expectations to be fired that fast. It seems the grass is always greener.

I think we’ve had some tremendous crowds this year that has impacted some games with false starts and that’s really great to see. That wasn’t always the case, but it doesn’t matter what it was. It matters what it is. This is a test. Do we show up for a game out of conference? I hope so. It’s not good when the players don’t show. Same here for fans.

Always good for players to have a lower play count if possible Saturday with the game five days away. Look at last year and we had a high play count before Egg Bowl.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News