ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL: Lane Kiffin Monday PC quick hits

Chase Parham

RebelGrove.com Editor
Staff
May 11, 2009
They have players with great length and a lot of stars. Challenge to them is to get better. Told them we were in this situation a year ago and we came back and went 10-2.

We have to get better and coach better and involve different schemes and things. Running game is interesting sometimes. You have these games and then it pops and you have explosive runs. We have to figure out a way and get to work. Not like we’er a program that doesn’t know how to run the ball.

Daniels is playing great and better than a year ago. Last year he threw one we could have picked off and we didn’t and then he got hot. He’s hard to bring down. We need a good plan and to play well. Be sound.

Like I said, two years ago, we lost to Alabama and then played well. Last year was different. We were headed to 9-1. Every year is different and is a different team. We need to handle it well.

Perkins was specific as a spy to last week. That was like playing Michael Vick and that QB and play calling. I don’t think he’ll use that again.

Fair question to ask about WR depth. Ayden got sick and missed time and need to get him back involved. Hopefully he can get back back to being the guy we know he can be.

Parable on wall is about not jumping to conclusions because one thing happened. In college football sometimes a team goes from great to horrible in a week. You have to go back and control what you can control and sometimes it can be a great thing. I directed it to players who were really down at themselves for not making some plays on Saturday.

Difficult situation for Caden and Franklin yesterday returning from surgery. They pushed through and it’s challenging. They’ll get better and get in game shape. They don’t need game experience. They have played a lot. I know our best is to come because we didn’t have them yet. Tre was 70 percent Saturday and ran one out. Future is exciting in that way.

Kelly does a good job. He was good at Notre Dame. Very organized and teams play well and with good discipline. He’s a good recruiter. Has great players out there.

We looked at the tape and went through the plays and then move forward. There’s a lot with this generation and things they do differently but I do think they move on quicker than we do.

They have NFL players all over the place. He’s an unbelievable receiver. There’s aa reason the last 3 coaches won a national championship.

They have Perkins playing last year’s plan. They aren’t trying to make him a specific linebacker anymore. I wish they’d stuck with that.

I haven’t talked to Jaxson about sliding. I don’t think it would have mattered. I wish he’d buckle his chinstrap better. He wants his helmet loose. It cost us because we had to use a timeout to avoid the runoff.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News