ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL: Lane Kiffin PC quick hits

Chase Parham

RebelGrove.com Editor
Staff
May 11, 2009
(Author note: Lane was as subtle as a hammer...)

Huge challenge this week. They are loaded and it’s a mind blowing collection of talent when you watch them on offense, defense, special teams. It’s an NFL roster. Size, speed, explosion. Defense is playing best in the country and DL is best collection ever. Going to take a great week of practice and preparation and scheme. They’ve done a phenomenal job getting a collection of players that are extremely elite. Better than a year ago.

The DL is dominant and they are dominant in the run and pass rush. Not excited for our OL coach to watch these cut-ups. They’ve done a great job collecting players.

Three straight years we’ve been in the top 10 but it matters where you finish. It brings attention to the program which is good but it’s about where you finish. I’m happy for the players, coaches and fans but it’s about achieving our goals while other teams don’t. I saw Jimbo said it’s about getting bowl eligible. We want to stand in the way of that.

Bobby is a great offensive coach. I have always had respect for him as a coach and his football IQ.. It’s a pro style game. They give you problems with the ways they are way better schematic offensively.

Talent wise TAMU is as good as anyone defensively. I know who’s next on the schedule but I just don’t know how you collect much better. Congrats to the group that collected those guys.

The kids are here and up at 6:30 most days so I don’t think body clock it’s anything but a good thing. We’re up and ready. I know we’ve played well in road night games so who knows. TAMU did one last week so they are used to it.

DJ being on staff isn’t a benefit for us. It’s a benefit for them more usually. But when he was here we were different schematically. I don’t think it helps a lot.

Glad the game is at home and crowd noise is involved. They play different at home than on the road record wise. It’s a big difference. The crowd helps him over there.

Garrison has don’t a really good job. Kept the guys together after a slow start. He’s done a really good job.

I’m pleased with our defense and how we’re playing. Big challenges ahead though. TAMU has better schematics and elite players. It’s an elite challenge here.

Our QBs and receivers need to work on their own to get used to each other when portal guys are involved. You see that with how Franklin was here late and didn’t have that the same way.

People said Jiimbo was on the hot seat last year so not sure rallying around him thing works. Ii don’t know about that. You just do the best you can every week. It’s part of the job.

TAMU is way too talented to look ahead to UGA. The guys knew it and got woken up to it this morning with film f they dd. And they are even harder to beat compared to the last 2 years because they have Bobby running the offense. They could be a top five team in the country.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News