Not open for further replies.

Neal McCready

All-Pro NFL
Staff
Feb 26, 2008
Oxford, MS
Here's Saturday's thread:

Sunday was a busy day. I'll try to recap it here in a bit. First, a few things:

-- Today, Aug. 1, is the first day offers can be made official. If you're on Twitter, you'll see a ton of that. Today's the first day "offers" are real. An example:

-- Also, today, Aug. 1, is the start of a recruiting dead period. It goes through the month of August. High school practices begin today pretty much everywhere. College preseason camps begin this week, so everyone will turn their attention to football. There might be some residual commitments come out of this week -- more on that later -- but recruiting itself will slow way down for the month of August.

-- Today is a heavy podcast day for me, so I might miss stuff as it happens. I've also got a busy personal day today, so in the event the day gets hectic, I beg your patience.

-- Yesterday, Ole Miss got a commitment from Olney, Md., defensive end Neeo Avery. Rivals' Adam Friedman broke it down here:

-- Ole Miss also got a commitment from junior college OT Izavion Miller. There had been some speculation he would be a PWO. He's not. He's a full-ride priority for Ole Miss, which figures to have a lot of OL holes going into the 2023 season.

-- As we told you on Saturday night, Kernersville, N.C., tight end Jayvontay Conner committed to Ole Miss on Sunday. He's a prospect, per sources, Ole Miss believes is going to grow into a weapon at the college level.

-- Severn, Md., WR Andre Jacobs committed to Ole Miss as well. He will be a preferred walk-on, per sources.

I'll have more updates from the weekend as time permits. From all indications, it went very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News